Cooling cells and condensators

• Cooling cells:
    Seem a bit useless now they only store heat. I think they should slightly cool too.
    10k cooling cell = 1 cooling
    30k cooling cell = 3 cooling
    60k cooling cell = 6 cooling (ye i know that the same amount a normal vent cools but a 60k cooling cell is alot more expensive)

Condensators:
    They are just too damn expensive too refill. Lets say in the best situation possible we have 1 single uranium cell. This produces 4 heat and 5eu/tick. This automatically means you have to refill your condensator every 1000000 eu. Now take a more realisitic situation because you wont be using condensators to run just 1 uran cell. 4 quad cells touching each other making 400eu/tick and 960 heat and you will get only 333333 eu per lapis. Condensators arent exactly cheap to make either. Lapis and redstone should cool more because atm i dont really see ppl will use them. Its quite alot of extra fuel costs on top of the uranium costs.

We got alot of components now but only half of them are being used. Lets change that.

• About Condensators:
    1 Uranium Cell + 1 Condensator --> 40,000 total heat... A cost of 1 lapis (for LZHs) or 4 redstone (for RSHs) for the whole cycle, which made 1,000,000 EU.
    1,000,000 EU per lapis
    250,000 EU per redstone

Condensators are less effective as the heat ramps up really high as the heat per tick goes up rather rapidly as you pack more uranium together.
    4 x Quad Uranium Cells --> 9,600,000 total heat... A cost of 240 lapis or 960 redstone for the whole cycle, which made 80,000,000 EU.
    333,333 EU per lapis
    83,333 EU per redstone

Although you get more out of the condensators if you use them as an 'overflow' heat control. Attemping to purge most of the heat with vents before throwing the rest into an LZH or RSH.

• If i can trust planner, and we postulate eu cost per one lapis is ~90k eu, then we have to spend about one third of generated eu in CWL (Continously Wasting Lapis:) ) generators. Much less wasteful than I though

And I haven't figured out yet how to automatically replace condensators.

• Automatically replacing them is another problem. Since they store only 100k heat you may end up replacing them before the cycle has ended.

So whats the point in using condensators? They only seem to cost alot to make and to maintain. I rather use vents because they are just better.

• So whats the point in using condensators? They only seem to cost alot to make and to maintain. I rather use vents because they are just better.

Obviously it's so some nubs can point at 4keu/t uranium wasters and say "good lord that kind of output and still people moan about reactors being nerfed" :)

But seriously, i can imagine scenarios where this kind of reactors can be useful. For example, if you have lots of uranium, copper and scrap lying around and just want to convert it into matter as soon as possible. Or you don't want to have continuosly working reactor and want just run it for few cycles and then put it in chest.

• Well if you are gonna quote me and call me a nub at least have the decency to use my name. As for the condensers it looks like they are more to reward those that feel like babysitting thier reactors with insane output power but honestly without some way to get them pulled out and replaced automatically it just does not seem to be worth the hassle.

Just thought of something depending on how fast the condensers draw off the heat I think I see one real good use for them, if it was an instant or near instant cooling then it would be very good as an emergency cooling item.

Do everyone a favor, go hug a creeper. MinecraftCreeper

Edited once, last by fangfire: had a light bulb go off. ().

• Well if you are gonna quote me and call me a nub at least have the decency to use my name.

Sorry, it was rude of me.

Just thought of something depending on how fast the condensers draw off the heat I think I see one real good use for them, if it was an instant or near instant cooling then it would be very good as an emergency cooling item.

Isn't it easier to just switch reactor off in emergency?

• I've almost completed my working design of a *working* LZH-condensator replacing reactor,
    complete with "cooling rooms" (where it auto-crafts them back to full) and fully automatic replacement of the LZH's when they reach breaking point.

I just can't really do it reliably without redpower, so I'm kinda waiting on that, even though everything else is set up and working correctly.

• I've almost completed my working design of a *working* LZH-condensator replacing reactor,
    complete with "cooling rooms" (where it auto-crafts them back to full) and fully automatic replacement of the LZH's when they reach breaking point.

I just can't really do it reliably without redpower, so I'm kinda waiting on that, even though everything else is set up and working correctly.

I'm kinda in the same boat with my DDoS. Until RP2 comes out, I simply won't be able to manage it automatically.

How do you detect when a LZH is empty?

• I am currently doing it with logistics pipes.

In fact, I could do the whole thing with logistics pipes, but logistics pipes seems to still inject more LZH's even when the reactor is full, and drop them on the ground.

Currently, I'm using logistics pipes to take them out when they are empty, normal BC to transport them to my "cooling room" where I have automatic crafting tabels combined with what Talonius pointed out here to generate the needed lapiz. I am using the new BC logic gates to keep 9 stacks of lapiz ready to do, and shut off generation as soon as that buffer chest is full.

Also using the gates to send the proper amount of lapiz to the crafting table every time a LZH come through the system.

I also have a complicated gate system set up in case 2 LZH's empty at exactly the same time, as that would cause a minor problem with my auto-crafting solution.

Then the filled LZH's get pumped back to a chest behind the reactor waiting to be put in, but I can't find a reliable way to insert them without redpower.

• Nice wok done. how could be the efficiency maximized? The uranium usage of reactor is greater as compare to efficiency.