[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• Everyone loves this mod on my server. I hope when you do the upgrade slots you will consider not being so taxing like another mod on these forums. I enjoy charging faster but not at the loss of to much power or its not fun :(

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Everyone loves this mod on my server. I hope when you do the upgrade slots you will consider not being so taxing like another mod on these forums. I enjoy charging faster but not at the loss of to much power or its not fun :(

Currently, the pads use up a minimal amount based on tier, just to run. They'll increase usage along the same line, for each oveclocking module that you insert, but the main "power sink" will be the fact that they're able to charge up so much more power at once. It's not linear but it's not insane, either, for the following reason: a lower tier pad will never quite match the next tier above, even with maxed out overclockers... you'll always need to upgrade to the next tier to get that amount of charge-power (not to mention that the O/C upgrades won't help you charge a higher-tier item in a lower-tier pad).

Additionally, the pads will accept transformer upgrades to accept power from higher tier inputs, and storage upgrade modules to increase how much EU they can hold at any one time (the higher tier pads can accept proportionally more compared to the lower ones, making it significantly more useful to upgrade a higher pad than lower one - the electronics of the lower pads just can't handle too much!) -- and it encourages upgrading. ;)

Then there's the drain module... which has the UI complete but no functionality... yet! Not quite managed to balance it the way I want it. :P

Regardless, it'll be a bit before it's released, I'm afraid, as I'm currently having some pretty serious issues with entity sync, using the IC2 API (it just isn't up to the task, given the GUI changes)... so I'm having to do it the hard way and the learning process for packet handling is nothing if not steep. :\

In short: Soon™ ;)

• Sounds good :)

• I'm clearly not bumping this thread since that would be bad ;) But I do want to say this is a fine little mod and you guys should check it out!

• Conflict with Forestry 1.5.0.2
    MC 1.3.2
    IC2 1.106

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game
    This error has been saved to C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Application Data\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-10-26_18.26.38-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 151df6eb --------
    Generated 10/26/12 6:26 PM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
    - Operating System: Windows XP (x86) version 5.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 375259472 bytes (357 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    - FML: FML v3.1.30.390 Minecraft Forge 4.1.4.298 27 mods loaded, 27 mods active
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    snyke7_AdvancedMachines [Advanced Machinse] (AdvancedMachines v1.6b Universal.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Backpack [Backpack] (backpack-1.1.3-1.3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Core [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Builders [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Energy [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Factory [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Transport [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Silicon [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.106.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ChargePads [Charge Pads] (chargepads-universal-1.1.0.21.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    CrossbowMod2 [Crossbow Mod 2] (CrossbowMod2- 132.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MoCreatures [DrZhark's Mo'Creatures] (DrZharks MoCreatures Mod V4.0.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forestry [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry-A-1.5.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    IC2NuclearControl [Nuclear Control] (IC2NuclearControl-1.3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_InvTweaks [Inventory Tweaks] (InvTweaks-1.43b-1.3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_MAtmos_forModLoader [mod_MAtmos_forModLoader] (matmos_packaged.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ModularForceFieldSystem [Modular ForceField System V2] (ModularForceFieldSystemV2.1.7.0.34.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_6.5.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion|Core [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-1.0.7.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion|Factory [Factory] (ThermalExpansion-1.0.7.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    weaponmod [Balkon's WeaponMod] (WeaponMod.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    WirelessRedstoneCore [Wireless Redstone] (WirelessRedstone.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    - LWJGL: 2.4.2
    - OpenGL: GeForce GTS 450/PCI/SSE2 GL version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    - Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
    - Type: Client
    - Texture Pack: Sphax PureBDCraft 128x MC13.zip
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:632)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:176)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:461)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:748)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:424)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:124)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:81)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:631)
    ... 4 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4095 is already occupied by myrathi.ic2.chargepads.BlockChargePad@1dbec76 when adding forestry.core.gadgets.BlockStainedGlass@1814129
    at aig.<init>(Block.java:280)
    at aig.<init>(Block.java:313)
    at age.<init>(SourceFile:10)
    at forestry.core.gadgets.BlockStainedGlass.<init>(BlockStainedGlass.java:17)
    at forestry.core.config.ConfigureBlocks.initialize(ConfigureBlocks.java:38)
    at forestry.core.config.Config.load(Config.java:176)
    at forestry.core.ForestryCore.init(ForestryCore.java:62)
    at forestry.core.ForestryClient.init(ForestryClient.java:35)
    at forestry.Forestry.init(Forestry.java:36)
    ... 29 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT c2fdd5ec ----------

• Firstly: PLEASE edit your post to put the error report into [spoiler] tags!

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4095 is already occupied by myrathi.ic2.chargepads.BlockChargePad@1dbec76 when adding forestry.core.gadgets.BlockStainedGlass@1814129

Secondly, it's a block ID conflict. Go into your .minecraft folder and look for a /config folder. Either alter the ID of forestry's BlockStainedGlass (in their config file) -OR- alter the one that ChargePads uses (in my config file).

I'd suggest you change the ID of whichever mod you just added.

• This probably doesn't work with 1.108? The post says 1.106+ so i was getting my hopes up, but getting this error when starting minecraft

• This probably doesn't work with 1.108? The post says 1.106+ so i was getting my hopes up, but getting this error when starting minecraft

Bonus cookie for posting a spoiler. :)

Unfortunately, you're correct: the current "latest" was a last-minute update for 1.3.2, that works with IC2's 1.106-1.107. I wanted to get the features in place and working for people that wouldn't be moving forward to 1.4.x, yet.

I've had a 1.4.2 version being tested on a server, the last few days, and have just been trying to iron out a few issues on the jenkins server. Expect a 1.108 version within the next day or so. :)

• New version is now up! Besides being for MC v1.4.2 and the IC2-1.108.71 build, this release also provides NEI support and moves creative entries to our own tab (look for the 'pad' icon).

Additionally, I tweaked the default block and item IDs (if you don't already have a config file), so that they shouldn't collide with anything in the latest Feed the Beast Beta (v0.3.1 at the time of this post). I'll be keeping an eye on it, myself, but if you find they do conflict then feel free to let me know. :)

As always, feel free to check out the Q&A, or the README in the zip.

The minimum Forge required is 353 but I'd highly recommend 355 as that's what IC2-1.108.71 is now asking for.

Enjoy! :)