[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• Some warning appear in the log with the last version (no crash)

Code
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 3/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 4/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 5/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 6/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 7/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 11/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 12/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 13/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 14/inactive (ignoring)
    2012-12-15 10:46:07 [WARNING] [ChargePads] Invalid meta check: 15/inactive (ignoring)
  • Some warning appear in the log with the last version (no crash)

The last time someone reported that, we tracked it down to NEI seeming to "scan" every metadata value for the charge pad block ID. Pads only have 6 valid metadata values and it's checked and verified internally so that things that go wrong (like people modifying existing blocks wrongly) are handled gracefully and don't screw up the associated tile entities (at the very least). A mod is basically asking for metadata values that cannot legitimately exist, in the world.

There's not much I can do about it since removing/disabling the messages defeats the purpose of them being there.
    That said, the warnings are just that: warnings. As stated in the parentheses, they can be safely ignored.

• The last time someone reported that, we tracked it down to NEI seeming to "scan" every metadata value for the charge pad block ID. Pads only have 6 valid metadata values and it's checked and verified internally so that things that go wrong (like people modifying existing blocks wrongly) are handled gracefully and don't screw up the associated tile entities (at the very least). A mod is basically asking for metadata values that cannot legitimately exist, in the world.

There's not much I can do about it since removing/disabling the messages defeats the purpose of them being there.
    That said, the warnings are just that: warnings. As stated in the parentheses, they can be safely ignored.

sorry for that i have bad habit report that warning :D (but in some case that warning carrie a worse problem)

about the ID ( i configured that manually, when appear conflict or other issues) yesterday when install charge pad that work fine no need configure anything but some item are missing (upgradeBasicModules) and found that ID are the same of the (item.core.liquid=thermalexpansion) i change that and the item appear correctly (the upgrade)

(Problem with change of the default ID of chargue pad (id of upgrade) ?)

thanks for your work

• Would you consider adding a button to the GUI so that you can change the redstone behaviour of your Charge Pads, so that you can only allow charging when the redstone signal is on?

• Would you consider adding a button to the GUI so that you can change the redstone behaviour of your Charge Pads, so that you can only allow charging when the redstone signal is on?

Pads don't react to redstone signals: they emit a signal, when they're in use. :)

• No worries about that; a 1.4.6 version is coming... and would've already been available if not for a massive repository issue that set me about a day backwards. -_-

Soon™. ;)

Sounds good, This repo stuff sounds like you had issues before too with it. Hope you guys keep learning and solve your issues ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Sounds good, This repo stuff sounds like you had issues before too with it. Hope you guys keep learning and solve your issues ;)

Eh. The only "issue" is that I hit ENTER before double-checking that I'd typed a command right. It wasn't lack of knowledge, it was a lack of care and attention. ;)

...it also teaches me to be more careful when I'm coding half-asleep. :P

• Build #58 is the update for Minecraft v1.4.6 and IC² v1.112.

Please note that you'll probably see the following warning in your log:

Code
    The mod ChargePads is expecting signature null for source chargepads-universal-2.3.0.58.zip,
    however there is no signature matching that description

This is an FML issue and there's nothing I can do about it at this time.

Additionally, forge #481 will probably cause a crash as FML really isn't playing nice (and seems to be related to the above issue). :(

That aside, I hope everyone has a merry giftmas and an awesome new year! :)

Enjoy!

• :D
    Merry Xmas!
    Thanks for the update!

• I am not sure, but I thing that the pads check randomly if there is player above them after beeing moved wihle activated since no block update or walking on them didn´t help. (reproducilbe bug)
    PS: It is just minor but could you add a way to charge it from side? since I want them as floor in frame elevator.
    PPS: really good addon

• I am not sure, but I thing that the pads check randomly if there is player above them after beeing moved wihle activated since no block update or walking on them didn´t help. (reproducilbe bug)
    PS: It is just minor but could you add a way to charge it from side? since I want them as floor in frame elevator.
    PPS: really good addon

Will check that out when I next get the chance. Haven't used them with RP, yet, and hadn't even considered using frames on them. :> I'm not sure how that would bug them out, though. Odd. We shall see. :)

RePS: As for side-charging, that really doesn't fit the theme (and would mess up wrench/access mechanics for pads with emitter upgrades). :( Visually, I'd have to redesign them so that the side-cable didn't look stupid, at the very least. :P Can't you just run a cable underneath and set frames beside the cables, too?
    RePPS: Thanks. ;)

• Getting this error in my serverlog:

12:58:57 CONSOLE: [SEVERE] Missing items : {20264=Item 20264, Type myrathi.ic2.chargepads.ItemUpgradeKit, owned by ChargePads, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, 20263=Item 20263, Type myrathi.ic2.chargepads.modules.ItemEmitterModule, owned by ChargePads, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null}

any ideas whats wrong? :)

• 12:58:57 CONSOLE: [SEVERE] Missing items : {20264=Item 20264, Type myrathi.ic2.chargepads.ItemUpgradeKit, owned by ChargePads, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, 20263=Item 20263, Type myrathi.ic2.chargepads.modules.ItemEmitterModule, owned by ChargePads, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null}

That's an FML error relating to validation of your world-save. It means it's finding items that were saved, previously, that shouldn't exist with the current install - which (I think!) means that your current mods/IDs don't match; in this case, the IDs in your ChargePads.cfg don't match the IDs that were in place when your world was saved.

I'm making an educated guess but check your ChargePads.cfg and ensure that you have something like the following?

I'm guessing at the upgradeBasicModules value, based on the other two. ;)

• Myrathi, got such errors with my addons too and also when updating Thaumcraft, but I simply hit "ok", and world was loaded normally. It looks like Forge now perform some exhaustive check for blocks and items, e.g. mod name, version, blocks and items id's and names, and even names of internal packages and classes, so if you made any minor change it will start panic. :)

• Congrats on the spotlight!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Myrathi, Direwolf20 has release a Mod Spotlight for this Mod; Here's the link:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

8)