[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• Thanks to help from adamros on github, we have a test version of APM for Minecraft 1.6.2 out. The version attached to this post is based against IC2 1.118.401-lf and Forge 9.10.0.804.

I briefly tested the machines and items in the mod and they seemed to function correctly. Please report any issues here or even better, open a new issue report on github.

-edit-
    This version had some bugged textures, please see the version Tallinu posted later

• Thanks to help from adamros on github, we have a test version of APM for Minecraft 1.6.2 out. The version attached to this post is based against IC2 1.118.401-lf and Forge 9.10.0.804.

I briefly tested the machines and items in the mod and they seemed to function correctly. Please report any issues here or even better, open a new issue report on github.

I assume you used it through the dev environment. But all the GUI Textures are not showing up.
    example:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: advancedpowermanagement:/textures/GUIStorageMonitor.png

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Yes, it works in the development environment, and the textures are properly packaged in the jar. Do the block textures show up in-world or are they missing too? I'll look into this further.

• Yes, it works in the development environment, and the textures are properly packaged in the jar. Do the block textures show up in-world or are they missing too? I'll look into this further.

Blocks and their cute animations like full bars and on and such work just fine. It's just all the GUI's.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Thanks Kane Hart for pointing out the borked release. Oops!

This is what I get for seeing if I can get a beta out and not properly testing the released version, assuming if it works in the dev environment... I know better guys, sorry about this. My time is very limited at the moment and I won't be able to get to this until Friday. I'll get something working out on Friday.

• I tried the 1.6.2 version and after some time the HV Charging bench keeps taking in power but does not continue counting up the stored energy (stuck at a bit over 2.5 mil). Charging and thus taking energy from it works though, but once it was stuck it would not fill up with incoming energy at all, the energy just seems to vanish.
    Also as already pointed out the gui is messed up.

• I tried the 1.6.2 version and after some time the HV Charging bench keeps taking in power but does not continue counting up the stored energy (stuck at a bit over 2.5 mil). Charging and thus taking energy from it works though, but once it was stuck it would not fill up with incoming energy at all, the energy just seems to vanish.
    Also as already pointed out the gui is messed up.

What exact version of Forge and IC2 are you using please? I'd like to try to duplicate this problem. Also, was this SSP or SMP?

• Hi.

I'm using Forge 9.10.0.818 and have Industrial Craft 2_1.118.401-lf.
    This is in SMP, so we run a private server and (currently) up to three people connect to it.

It probably does not matter, but here are some other details:
    We use the seed -7497564628257033198

Here are the other mods that are installed:
    CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.3
    ChickenChunks 1.3.3.1
    compactsolars-universal-1.6.2-4.3.0.79
    ironchest-universal-1.6.2-5.3.14.512
    twilightforest-1.19.0
    WeaponMod 1.13

Client Only:
    NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.2
    [1.6.2]ReiMinimap_v3.4_01
    FinderCompass_1.6.2B

Also, this is the constellation:
    Solar Panels->Glass Fiber Cable (GFC)->MFE->GFC->
    MFSU->GFC->HV Charging Bench
    (and also on this GFC:)->MV-Transformer->LV-Transformer->Various Machines

Hope this helps!

• Update to IC2_Experimental?

I won't be updating APM to work with the experimental branch until the API and energy network changes the IC2 devs have planned have been finalized and things are more stable. Until then, it doesn't make much sense to try to adapt to a changing landscape.

Give it some time for their planned changes to work themselves out and the IC2 devs to finalize on a standard for the new energy net and API calls.

• I won't be updating APM to work with the experimental branch until the API and energy network changes the IC2 devs have planned have been finalized and things are more stable. Until then, it doesn't make much sense to try to adapt to a changing landscape.

Give it some time for their planned changes to work themselves out and the IC2 devs to finalize on a standard for the new energy net and API calls.

The Energy API has pretty much been finalized at this point. They are just adding more machines at this point. So again, I would like an APM release for IC2_EXP as you are one of the two remaining mod devs I'm waiting for. The other is Frogcraft, and the author has agreed to update to IC2_exp as well. (Just look at the last page of the forum post). Your mod being more important now that GT's Charge-o-mat has been deprecated and there being no other alternative.

• Official Post

The Energy API has pretty much been finalized at this point. They are just adding more machines at this point. So again, I would like an APM release for IC2_EXP as you are one of the two remaining mod devs I'm waiting for. The other is Frogcraft, and the author has agreed to update to IC2_exp as well. (Just look at the last page of the forum post). Your mod being more important now that GT's Charge-o-mat has been deprecated and there being no other alternative.

Nope, the e-net is a duct tape one, it is NOT finished.
    It is being reworked by player and will be released sometime, with more complex stuff to manage energy, hopefully.

Edit : FYI you can use GT battery boxes as charging stations, like the old charge o mat (except for the AOE charging, but for that you have charge pads).

• Nope, the e-net is a duct tape one, it is NOT finished.
    It is being reworked by player and will be released sometime, with more complex stuff to manage energy, hopefully.

As SpwnX indicated, the API for the energy net is not done yet. My time is very limited at the moment but I'll see about doing a straight update to support an experimental build. No promises when this might happen.

• As SpwnX indicated, the API for the energy net is not done yet. My time is very limited at the moment but I'll see about doing a straight update to support an experimental build. No promises when this might happen.

Awesome! I look forward to it :)

• Edit : FYI you can use GT battery boxes as charging stations, like the old charge o mat (except for the AOE charging, but for that you have charge pads).

Chargepads doesn't currently work for IC2 Exp.

• Thanks for making this guys! Awesome work!

As per their licensing requirements I'm letting Pantheis and Tallinu know that I'm putting together a custom private mod pack containing Advanced Power Management. I plan to get it distributed via the FTB code protected private pack feature.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

• Looking forward to the updated version in the future! Truly must have mod for electrical suits and equipment' needs!

Thanks to adamros there is a version that's been updated to the IC2 Experimental release. I haven't had time to merge the changes into the source tree and build a new version though. Some of the changes in the energy net in IC2-Ex broke how our machines will work, specifically the battery station, emitter and adjustable transformer. Apparently you can only send one energy packet a tick now.