Need help with MCedit

• Hey Guys :) i have a little problem on our server. We have a bunch of mods installed, IC2 and forestry are part of them. I disabled forestry ore generation but it didnt worked quite well (maybe i disabled it clientside and just forgot it o.O)
    Whatever, the main problem is that we have now a bunch of chunks with Forestry ore that we dont want. I had a bit experience with MCedit, i know how to select and replace the vanilla blocks but even after analysing the whole map (with succes, it tells me that MCedit found a bunch of modded blocks) the mod blocks dont appear in the "replace" menu. any idea how i can manage that? I watched a bunch of MCedit tutorials but noone seems to use it with mods.

hope you can help me :)

Alex

TrinityCraft Server, Whitelist.

Ic2/BC3/Forestry Railcraft/Logistics Pipes/Nuclear Control and more!

• Official Post

To do your task :

• select whole map (as you have already done once),
    • Click Fill and replace
    • Write on search bar Forestry ore ID and metadata (Example 228:5), it will be displayed as a "Future block"
      [Thats why you must be SURE which is ore ID, or you may change something else]
    • Click Ok, Click replace
    • Select Stone.
    • All Forestry ores withID you wrote will be replaced by stone once you click REPLACE.
    • Repeat 1 to 6 with all forestry ores you want to remove. [I suggest you disable serverside forestry ore generation]
  • I can confirm SpwnX's suggestion works.

I had to do something similar when i forgot to disable RP2 Copper and tin generation.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Ah i feel so stupid right now >_> didnt know that i can type in blocks that dont appear in the list below. I disabled already the generation of new ores, directly after noticing the mistake and deletet the outer chunks with MCedit.

Thanks for the help guys :D

• Erm now im a bit confused. I managed it to replace the Ores with Stone but now all my Monazit (the ore from MFFS-Mod) turned into nukes. i checked the IDs, in Minecraft the nuke has 237 and the monazit something by 4000 in MCedit the ore gets converted to nukes directly when i open the level. quite strange. any idea why?

also all my iron chests turned into apatite ore 8|

Edited once, last by Equidox ().

• Official Post

Erm now im a bit confused. I managed it to replace the Ores with Stone but now all my Monazit (the ore from MFFS-Mod) turned into nukes. i checked the IDs, in Minecraft the nuke has 237 and the monazit something by 4000 in MCedit the ore gets converted to nukes directly when i open the level. quite strange. any idea why?

also all my iron chests turned into apatite ore 8|

I think it is something related to 4096 ID forge fix, as MCedit might not support 4096 block IDs.

• Meh... So we have to live with the 6000 wrong ores^^ Could it work if i load the world in SSP (i know 1.3 is always serverbased) and remove the blocks with Singleplayer commands? I have absolutely no experience with that mod so if anyone of you has an idea if that is possible please let me know

Alex

• AFAIK Singleplayer commands does not have commands for changing ores, maybe i'm wrong though.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• not? Hm feeling retardet right now...then just forget about it, i got the outer chunks editet with MCedit so that they regenerate (aka deleting them) and now we have only 3000 forestry-ores :D

anyways thanks for the help guys :)

• wait - the last time i looked Worldedit was a bukkit plugin 8| just checked the Bukkit-wiki and they say that Worldedit is now included in SCP.

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit#Installation for those who want the link to the topic.

I'm trying this now, thanks RichardG !

• Let us know how that turns out, i want to know how to deal with a problem like this if i ever make the same mistake you did.

Alblaka says:

• kay i tell you how it worked, have to wait till the server is emtpy to make a backup.