help- the mechanical properties of laser guns in a RP2 deployer (or assembler)

• i've been trying a little bit to play around with mounting lasers on moving flying death battleship lasers in RP2 deployers and assemblers and i really can't figure out the mechanics of this:

-what exactly sets the fire mode so i can choose between explode or scatter or precise strike?

-How does the energy drain is handled?

-what determines if the laser breaks the deployer/assembler that's firing?

-How can i mount lasers in assemblers on a large moving frame machine with multiple settings and arrangements (using a number of guns or deployer or assemblers, if necessary)
    strictly for awesome peaceful reasons, of course.

help?

• Due to the way lasers work now, you can just change the laser's mode yourself and put it in the deployer. On power drain, I might make a deployer specific hack to allow batpacks in the inventory.

Assemblers should work

• A bit of stuff I've found.
    1. Scatter doesn't work. It breaks the deployer, probably because the beam comes from too far back.
    2. Using retrievers, you can pull the lasers out to recharge in an mfe.
    3. As far as I know, you can't get one side covered in deployers. Same problem as block breakers.
    4. The best configuration that I have found involves placing the deployers in rings, each one lower than the next, so that each deployer has two sides showing. It has its flaws though, which I'll get to.
    5. You can get deployers down and powered if you use sorting machines to help with the logistics.
    6. You can change the mode in your hand before putting the laser in and it will stay in that mode.

The system I'm working on at the moment has a few parts.
    it has a head of 3 sets of 8 deployers, each using a specific colour from redpower and redstone pipes for activation.
    Each one of those has its own soring machine, which is triggered from a delayed signal from an item detector right before the chest the sorting machine is connected to. I.e. the laser comes down the pipe, goes throught the item detector, gives off a signal and activates a repeater, gets put in a chest, and when the sorting machine activates it pulls the laser out of the chest.
    I've set also set up a recharge area, but thats a bit more complicated and not finished yet.
    The biggest flaw with some configurations is that the pipes connect to more than one deployer, and this means that you have to relay solely upon redpowers tube routing to make sure each one gets only one laser.
    So, a design:
    :MFE-Transmitter: frame
    :Wind Mill: deployer
    :Glass Fibre: tube
    :Compressor: nothing
    Top layer:
    :Glass Fibre:
    Layer 2:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :Wind Mill: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter:
    Layer 3:
    :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    :Glass Fibre: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Glass Fibre:
    :Glass Fibre: :Wind Mill: :Compressor: :Wind Mill: :Glass Fibre:
    :Glass Fibre: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Glass Fibre:
    :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    Layer 4:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :Wind Mill: :Compressor: :Compressor: :Compressor: :Wind Mill: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :Wind Mill: :Compressor: :Compressor: :Compressor: :Wind Mill: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :MFE-Transmitter:
    :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter: :MFE-Transmitter:

This design will give you a 5*5 set of deployers, in a 7*7 area.