Super Rubber boots

• Actually, on top of this being the wrong place to post this, it's a known bug and has been posted about many times. The rubber boots' damage value goes negative and people become invincible.

• I don't get it. We want better quality releases, but when people actually report bugs it's always the same. "WE KNEW ABOUT THAT ALREADY" or "YOU REPORTED THE BUG WRONG."

Okay? Does nobody see how that is damaging? This just makes our (already small) community even more insular, and it makes us look hostile. If it's a known bug - or even better, a fixed bug - why hasn't a fix been released? I know that there are "reasons" for that but to an outsider if we just jump down everybody's throat for basically not being the first person to ever report this bug ever and not knowing that they weren't the first person to report this bug that just makes us look bad. Putting the onus on the bug reporter to "thoroughly research" (whatever that means) the bug they're trying to report just makes it more difficult for bugs to become known. I've seen forum regulars be chastised for doing this. Maybe they just didn't see the thread, ever think of that? It effectively punishes new users for trying to be helpful.

All I'm saying is that the people on this forum could stand to be a little nicer to the noob sector. What the hell does it say about us that we can't tolerate people that are actively participating so that they can learn? You know why these forums feel so stale and you keep hearing the same conversations over and over and over again? Well it's because we keep scaring off the new people! They're here, they found our forum, they want to participate, they have just as much right to play, enjoy, and participate in the IndustrialCraft 2 community as we do.

JUST BE NICER OKAY? And if that's too hard for us, this community deserves whatever it gets from that.

these forums feel so stale and you keep hearing the same conversations over and over and over again? Well it's because we keep scaring off the new people! They're here, they found our forum, they want to participate

I don't see how this is an excuse, the people that we are "scaring off" are the ones that are incapable of reading the hard-to-miss-rules or taking 5 seconds to search for if it was already reported. Do we want this rubber boot bug to be the new ghost e-net bug, where it gets reported 18 times because people can't spend any amount of time making sure that it wasn't already reported?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

JUST BE NICER OKAY? And if that's too hard for us, this community deserves whatever it gets from that.

This was my core point.

Don't you think that we could stand to do that? Wouldn't you rather show "noobs" the correct way of doing things than simply bully them away?

• I also like how you completely ignored every single one of my other points. Hello, forum heavyweight! Bully any good noobs today?

Hello, forum heavyweight! Bully any good noobs today?

Hi! Not yet, although good noob is kind of paradoxical, in the way that in order to be a noob, you must obviously not be good at what you are doing. You want me to go through your other points? Okay.

I don't get it. We want better quality releases, but when people actually report bugs it's always the same. "WE KNEW ABOUT THAT ALREADY" or "YOU REPORTED THE BUG WRONG."

Alblaka has said on his blog

Just read through 25 Threads in the bug section... containing about ~7 different bugs.SEARCH FUNCTIONS!

When you report a bug that has already reported, a lot, you are wasting people's time and annoying the devs by restating the same things that have already been fixed, and have been stated to have been fixed in other threads reporting the same thing.

If it's a known bug - or even better, a fixed bug - why hasn't a fix been released? I know that there are "reasons" for that but to an outsider if we just jump down everybody's throat for basically not being the first person to ever report this bug ever and not knowing that they weren't the first person to report this bug that just makes us look
    bad.

This was literally the entire point of this thread, take it up there if you have a problem with it.

Putting the onus on the bug reporter to "thoroughly research" (whatever that means) the bug they're trying to report just makes it more difficult for bugs to become known

Not really, because when you don't, you end up with threads like this one, where the op doesn't even know the difference between IC2 and a modular forcefield mod.

I've seen forum regulars be chastised for doing this. Maybe they just didn't see the thread, ever think of that? It effectively punishes new users for trying to be helpful

Can you point out a thread where this has happened? The only thing to this tune that I know of is where like 5 people posted bug report compilation threads that all reported the same bugs.

All I'm saying is that the people on this forum could stand to be a little nicer to the noob sector. What the hell does it say about us that we can't tolerate people that are actively participating so that they can learn?

The rules exist for a reason, if people can't take the time to read the rules that are at the top of every section neatly stickied, why should we take the time to help them out?

You know why these forums feel so stale and you keep hearing the same conversations over and over and over again? Well it's because we keep scaring off the new people!

This seems a little alarmist, I haven't seen any real staleness here, can you point some out?

They're here, they found our forum, they want to participate, they have just as much right to play, enjoy, and participate in the IndustrialCraft 2 community as we do.

I'm not arguing with this, but the rules exist for a reason, in order to participate in the community, you at least have to know the rules of the section you are posting in, so we don't, once again, end up with 18 threads containing some mention of the same bug. You wouldn't just walk into a fine dining restaurant and proceed to pull out crayons and draw on the table, would you? This is the reason these rules exist, standardization of things so people don't make themselves look stupid by not knowing what they are doing.

JUST BE NICER OKAY?

So you want us to baby every single noob with a "thank you for your report, it was reported here, here, and here, but your report is completely welcome even though you could have just replied to one of those threads instead, and seen that the bug has already been fixed, but that's okay.", yet again, if they can't take the time to read, why should we take the time to baby?

And if that's too hard for us, this community deserves whatever it gets from that.

This is alarmist again, are you saying that doing the same thing that has always been done will get us a different outcome? Isn't the point of your argument that we should deviate from what has always been done?

Wouldn't you rather show "noobs" the correct way of doing things than simply bully them away?

I help people in the Support sections and in the Addon sections as well when they cannot install correctly because, in most cases, I understand what they are going through in the way that I used to suck majorly at installing mods

Can anyone send me a working copy of their .minecraft folder? Mods absolutely hate me, I installed SDK correctly and it tells me I need minecraft forge despite the fact that I have it already. Also first post ftw!

This was my very first post on this site, back when I was absolutely clueless about what I was doing, but what I don't understand is when people somehow miss easy to see threads on how to search and make sure your bug has not already been reported.

Also,

I also like how you completely ignored every single one of my other points. Hello, forum heavyweight! Bully any good noobs today?

So you're insulting me in a thread about how we should stop insulting people? :huh:

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Edited once, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().