Request nerf for hazmat suit and something for scuba and compressed cells

• With a full set of hazmat armor, not only is it impossible for you to die in lava or poison or anything, the hazmat suit TAKES NO DAMAGE. It would be more realistic if the hazmat armor actually took damage. if there is a reason why it doesn't do that, please do tell me.

As for the scuba and compressed air cells, I believe it should be reworked.
    I believe scuba air tanks are actually put on your back and in industrialcraft, you just have to put compressed air cells in your inventory and you can breathe underwater with a full set of hazmat armor.

I thought that was really stupid, so I thought of something:

There is a new block (not sure what it would be called) that would accept compressed air cells and in the other slot, you would have a slot for the air tank.

The air tank is a new item I thought of that works like a batpack/jetpack/CFpack in which it stores air from compressed air cells. I guess it can accept a pretty big deal of air cells.

So with the new machine, you put the air cells in one slot and the air tank in the other and that is where the scuba helmet is going to get air from (the air tank)

If there is a particular reason why it is the way it is currently, please do tell me.
    Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading!!! :D

• Hazmat not breaking is a bug I haven't heard of, I'll need to test. TESTED: I'm seeing a Fire Resistance effect applied, I'm guessing it is just being applied too soon. Don't know, as I didn't code it.
    Compressed Air works fine in my opinion, as it burns all the air up VERY fast after you run out of your "real" stuff...

EDIT: Compressed Air works differently, but still fine. On your bar maybe?

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

Edited once, last by Nanomanz ().

• Hazmat not breaking is a bug I haven't heard of, I'll need to test. TESTED: I'm seeing a Fire Resistance effect applied, I'm guessing it is just being applied too soon. Don't know, as I didn't code it.
    Compressed Air works fine in my opinion, as it burns all the air up VERY fast after you run out of your "real" stuff...

EDIT: Compressed Air works differently, but still fine. On your bar maybe?

To me, what happens is that as long as you have at least one compressed air cell in your inventory, when the bubbles reach 4, it gets refilled to 9 or something close.

Yes, that is what happens to me for the hazmat suit. It's so overpowered that I am having a hard time trying to switch the chest hazmat with the batpack...

• By the "On your bar", I SUGGESTED required Compressed Air on your Hotbar to be effective.
    Hazmat is not OP in my opinion, it should just take some damage in lava. And, you only get the protection if you have the full set. Otherwise it is dead super fast.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• By the "On your bar", I SUGGESTED required Compressed Air on your Hotbar to be effective.
    Hazmat is not OP in my opinion, it should just take some damage in lava. And, you only get the protection if you have the full set. Otherwise it is dead super fast.

Even if that was true, it is still very overpowered for it to not take damage at all.

So actually, what you are saying about it being damaged in lava is a great idea.

• Official Post

Even if that was true, it is still very overpowered for it to not take damage at all.

So actually, what you are saying about it being damaged in lava is a great idea.

Not a big problem. As its main and only purpose is to nullify fire/lava damage, electric damage (uninsulated cables) , suffocation damage [underwater, not while inside blocks]. It will be easily destroyed by entity damage (mob or enemy player).

• With a full set of hazmat armor, not only is it impossible for you to die in lava or poison or anything, the hazmat suit TAKES NO DAMAGE. It would be more realistic if the hazmat armor actually took damage. if there is a reason why it doesn't do that, please do tell me.

It should not. It was invented to ignore environment harm, not to swallow it.

As for the scuba and compressed air cells, I believe it should be reworked.
    I believe scuba air tanks are actually put on your back and in industrialcraft, you just have to put compressed air cells in your inventory and you can breathe underwater with a full set of hazmat armor.

You need Scuba helmet to breath. So it's tied to helmet.

Why you think it overpowered? It gives no armor But takes all armor slots.

• As its main and only purpose is to nullify fire/lava damage, electric damage (uninsulated cables) , suffocation damage [underwater, not while inside blocks]. It will be easily destroyed by entity damage (mob or enemy player).

This. So basically, nerfing the Hazmat Suit would mean removing it.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• ability to survive unlimited time in lava

Why not ? This is the main usage. Moreover, who is really wearing the FULL Hazmat Suit when MINING ? You can't get this hability while wearing a Lappack, so in most of the cases, you won't survive in Lava.

unlimited tesla zaps is not fair.

For that, because it's used as a weapon for PvP, I would tend to agree with you, even if wearing Full Hazmat Suit in PvP isn't recommended for attacking oponent bases ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!