Support Request: Server Setup

• Hello fellow crafters,

I have tried to set up a server with a friend of mine, we loaded the minecraft_server.jar, installed modloaderMP_server, copied over the content of the server folder from IC 7.16 deleted the meta-inf folder, and also copied the IndustrialCraftConfig.txt (albeit without alterations) into the parent directory of minecraft_server.jar.
    We got it running smoothly, until we tested the functionality by crafting a treetap, where we couldn't take the treetap out of the crafting window.

Afterwards we also tried setting up the server without deleting meta-inf, since it wasn't mentioned anywhere it was necessary, but it still didn't work

Now this has been in the FAQ, and basically meant we screwed up setting up the server. The Problem is, that neither of us knows where there are any problems, since we followed the procedure precisely. I think it might be some detail we missed, so hopefully you can help us out.

Thanks in advance,

Bashington223

• Okay, I tested it with Flan's ModLoader 1.6.5, but it still had the same problem.
    I also tried it with administrator rights on windows 7, but that didn't do anything. There is no error message or anything, if I select the treetap it simply jumps back to the output slot.

Do I have to rename the config file or anything like that?

• Official Post

Okay, I tested it with Flan's ModLoader 1.6.5, but it still had the same problem.
    I also tried it with administrator rights on windows 7, but that didn't do anything. There is no error message or anything, if I select the treetap it simply jumps back to the output slot.

Do I have to rename the config file or anything like that?

No.

I'm going to assume you've changed your Minecraft.jar over to Flan's MLMP as well?

• Well turns out, we got it running.

My friend suddenly told me "I got a treetap in my hand", and lo, it was good. It worked just fine, no significant problems detected.
    He claims to have used SDK's ModLoaderMP though, which I find a bit jarring.
    I'll try to figure out what exactly went wrong earlier, and post it here, because it might come useful for other newcomers.

Thanks a lot,

Bashington