electric powered minecarts and electric rails

• i think electric minecarts should be added that can operate the same way as powered minecarts work. but these can be turned on and off by right-clicking and shift-right clicking to open the GUI where you can charge/ discharge items. charging rails can be place above any storage unit and charge the electric minecart at a rate of 32 eu per tick. With railcraft you can also create electric trains!

• Minecarts= Steve's Carts already exists as a form of better powered carts, in comparison to furnace carts, plus i think you can still "drive" them with the right module
    Rails= yes but it should be able to transmit a signal like powered rails do.

• Official Post

Electric powered minecarts are on the to-do list, if i'm not wrong.

Now that you've suggested it let me suggest something about it:
    Electric powered minecarts are able to use Railcraft MFSU/MFE/Batbox carts to power itself. Otherwise it has an internal charge [Lapotron crystal] and is charged in a charging station like you said. Thus allowing High-speed travels which would be faster than Qsuit and cheaper than teleporter.
    Electric powered minecarts should be faster than powered minecarts (vanilla MC ones) and Highspeed minecarts (Railcraft).
    How about 48m/s? [Vanilla is 8m/s , Railcraft Highspeed is 24m/s]. It probably should be placed on IC² special rails (or Railcraft Highspeed rails) or it will simply "derail" and crash.

• Good point, alternativly it should also be compatible with Steve's Carts and their Solar Engine module. How do you know if somthing is on the To-do list?

• Official Post

Good point, alternativly it should also be compatible with Steve's Carts and their Solar Engine module. How do you know if somthing is on the To-do list?

Agreed.
    Memory, i've joined IC² forums a long time ago... and i remember alblaka mentioning Electric powered minecarts to his to-do-list (luminators and watermills are also in it).

• Official Post

Do not you think EU Minecart should be able to be powered from powered Cable inside of CF block under rails?

That probably would be implemented whenever Electric minecarts come. However it would only power charging stations.

• I'd probably argue differently. Have the "electric cart" as a storage-less movement generator, which only works either remotely (with the addition of a lapotron crystal in the slot, or MFE/MFSU cart trained along), or with powered rails (as it tends to be in the real world).

Adding overhead cables would likely be a bit too much of a pain for most people, so allowing powered track (requiring relativly significant amounts of power to move) would mean that the cart could continue to zip along as reuqired.

For balance and intrigue, you could add resistance to the track similar to the cables, giving you the option of one huge generator at one end, or a collection of smaller ones (possibly topped up en route, with the railcraft unloaders and the suchlike).

• that would be hella cool, to make like a monorail typoe thing and hook it up to a power source to just power the whole thing. seems like a rail craft thing though.

• that would be hella cool, to make like a monorail typoe thing and hook it up to a power source to just power the whole thing. seems like a rail craft thing though.

Yeah, the issue with RailCraft is kinda that it's not got any inherent power system. Covert seems to have kinda adopted the BC system, though.

The issue with the BC system is lack of energy storage. Might be possible as an addon or collaboration, though. Interesting idea.