Config setting "enableSteamReactor" questions

• Some people may not know, but there's a config option to make reactors output steam with recent IC2 versions.
    I have two questions about this setting. Will the reactor still generate EU as well as output steam, making the reactor more functional then normal, if turned on? And will I have to supply water to it somehow?
    I find the idea of a steam reactor quite interesting, even if I don't know much about the effects of the config setting.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• I'm curious about this myself I assume it requires railcraft to be installed in order for it to be useful and I can only guess it needs a steam turbine to use in conjunction with it.

• Says in the config it works if Railcraft is installed.
    But I'm going to test it myself to be sure(railcraft and buildcraft addons to make the piping easier already in place).

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• it does not seem to require water, and cannot be hooked up to cables, so doesn't work as an EU source. it does make more EU/t than normal when hooked up to the right number of steam generators from railcraft and can be used to produce bc energy as well.