[Addon v1.112+] Liquid UU-Matter v0.7.12b (now officially retired)

• I think BC Energy is kinetic/pneumatic one (it would have huge losses for transfer if so, so let's say it's kinetic, working with gears, but ... it doesn't look like gears ^^).
    So, to me, converting EU to MJ should be made with an Electrical Engine (Forestry ^^) and MJ to EU, a Dynamo. But I also would like storing EU with Electrolyzed Water ^^.
    As for storing EU/MJ with liquid, I think something fun would be using Liquid Sodium, then using it (once heated and smelted) to power RailCraft stuff, or Thermal Generator (GregTech ^^) or just Geothermal. But ... as for conversion, it would only work for EU-->MJ ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Suggestion:
    Advanced acclerating Liquid UU-Matter Assembly Thingy-A highly advanced combination of Crafting Table, capable of using the inbuilt acclerator and the inbuild crafting table to assemble UuM at millitary precission. As liquid UUM is the onliest way to get things like 0,2 UUM, it is capable of only using the excactly amount of uum required +the acclerating cost. A circuit for example needs 250 mB for the refined iron, and that what is needed for the other components +Acclerating Costs. Do you understand what I mean? When not, feel free to ask me about my idea.

• I think BC Energy is kinetic/pneumatic[...]

Yes, so I mentioned. Opinion otherwise noted and will be considered.

Suggestion:
    Advanced acclerating Liquid UU-Matter Assembly Thingy-A highly advanced combination of Crafting Table, capable of using the inbuilt acclerator and the inbuild crafting table to assemble UuM at millitary precission.[...]

That's on my todo list only as far as making measured amounts of things that can already be made directly out of UU -- chasing things down the crafting tree is a good refinement and really would make it stand out, so I very much like the idea. The problem I have with it is selecting what gets made... which just struck me as being solvable by the "item duplicator" idea that's also on my todo list. To summarize: when determining costs, if it's possible to track down UU costs of components through the crafting trees, do so and make the cost the sum total of all the raw materials and other operations. Otherwise, just pick "really expensive" as a default and allow overrides.

Any thoughts on the EU/MJ thing mentioned above?

• Well i think combustion engines need a bit of love, even with the buffed fuel/oil values they basically suck for energy production (Use a boiler). A thought came to me and im not sure if it would be possible, but IF you use electrolyzed water as a combustion engines coolant you get a better cooling process but also an accelerated higher output.

Something like a cooling value of 3 and an increased output of say 40% per Tick. It would give an interesting use for the liquid in conjunction with BC (The same could be done for RC boilers perhaps) making your electrolyzed water a good supplemental BC power source that also acts as a reasonable coolant. This also promotes using higher MJ/t fuels for the higher throughput (At the cost of more coolant due to heat ofc)
    Pushing things like fuel up around the 10MJ/t mark (And making combustion engines semi useful midgame)

Forestry already provides a good conversion method (Lossy but configurable) as well as a Fuel>EU generator
    Im hoping you choose a way that feels a bit unique to the other conversion mods.

• Well i think combustion engines need a bit of love, even with the buffed fuel/oil values they basically suck for energy production (Use a boiler). A thought came to me and im not sure if it would be possible, but IF you use electrolyzed water as a combustion engines coolant you get a better cooling process but also an accelerated higher output.

That really would be interesting, but unfortunately there's no support for it -- nobody ever thought the coolant might affect fuel efficiency in an iron engine.

Forestry already provides a good conversion method (Lossy but configurable) as well as a Fuel>EU generator
    Im hoping you choose a way that feels a bit unique to the other conversion mods.

Forestry makes excellent progress towards merging the two power systems, but once you've generated MJs, even if you have Thermal Expansion to store them, you can't get them out as EUs again; likewise, I agree that simple conversion has been done several times over, with varying success, and I want to find a method that feels at least different.

I don't actually care that much about generating MJs myself -- as you said, the Forestry electric engine is just fine for that -- but using them to produce EUs would make me quite happy: since I've started using Thermal Expansion heavily, I often find myself having a pneumatic energy system long before I have an electric one, and I'd like to be able to convert my excess MJs into something useful without consuming anything other than the MJs themselves. Efficiency may be exceptionally low (5 MJ for 2 EU sounds fine -- the coal-based equivalence is inverse: 2 MJ for 5 EU), and the transformation chain itself may be complex, but if it can ultimately be a closed system, that's about ideal for me.

For this reason I'm leaning towards making the liquid electrolyzer accept MJs as an alternative energy source, without being able to supply MJ out; if powered this way, the LE would be forced into its input-only state (i.e. only electrolyze, never the reverse; no getting EUs out of the same block that accepts MJs), which should work nicely when paired with a liquid transport system and another electrolyzer set to the opposite state (only de-lectrolyze). The only real problem I have with this is how to explain it logically from an in-game perspective: why does the electrolyzer work on MJs? Does it have its own internal generator that can be powered directly by a pneumatic engine, or something? Is this its normal modus operandi, and when powered by EUs it's actually shortcutting part of its internal mechanisms?

• It has a hamster running on a wheel inside, whether you electrocute it or smash it, it still runs in fear. XD Which is of course connected to a dynamo so you still get the same speed whether you use MJ or EU.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Suggestion:
    Advanced acclerating Liquid UU-Matter Assembly Thingy-A highly advanced combination of Crafting Table, capable of using the inbuilt acclerator and the inbuild crafting table to assemble UuM at millitary precission. As liquid UUM is the onliest way to get things like 0,2 UUM, it is capable of only using the excactly amount of uum required +the acclerating cost. A circuit for example needs 250 mB for the refined iron, and that what is needed for the other components +Acclerating Costs. Do you understand what I mean? When not, feel free to ask me about my idea.

I think it's doable, but you'll need thaumcraft-like determination of UU cost, which would really be too much. But, it could be as a thaumcraft integration, where the sum of all it's aspects is the cost in mB! Also, when EE3's EMC get's finshed, it could be similar!

• It has a hamster running on a wheel inside, whether you electrocute it or smash it, it still runs in fear. XD Which is of course connected to a dynamo so you still get the same speed whether you use MJ or EU.

I can live with that.

[...]I think it's doable, but you'll need thaumcraft-like determination of UU cost, which would really be too much.[...]

Nah, it's fine, we only care about chasing things up the IC2 machine processing trees anyway (well, that and vanilla crafting/smelting). My only (minor) concern is for items whose cost can be only partially determined for whatever reason, but we can just fall back to an expensive default, like I said earlier.

• It would be great if you added support for the assembly table and assembly advanced workbench in the accelerator! Maybe even the regular autocrafting table!

• It would be great if you added support for the assembly table and assembly advanced workbench in the accelerator! Maybe even the regular autocrafting table!

The problems with doing it to the assembly table are: 1. handling the recipes that have more than one input (I think the most we'd have to handle is 5; diamond chipset + all four colors of pipe wire); and 2. handling recipes with multiple possible outputs (iron gates come in two flavors, for instance). I can see a possible fix for both problems: disable the accelerator input slot (and/or have it automatically insert into the assembly table) and use the assy table's next target item as the output item. What I don't like about this option is that it's basically all one big special case -- it doesn't work at all like any of the other supported connections. This is not a reason not to do it, but it does make me a little unwilling.

As for the autocrafting table, it's already instant -- the only limitation for getting stuff out of it is how quickly you can pull things out of it, and that's the same limitation as on the accelerator. What, exactly, is there to accelerate? It also shares the "needs multiple inputs" problem as the assembly table, but again, that's resolvable.

[How about an] antimatter engine for BuildCraft.

That sounds appropriately overpowered for something driven off UU-Matter. It's also closely related to the Antimatter Generator (for EUs), which is currently not one of my favorite ideas, but if I do one, I'll do the other.

And if anyone's wondering about progress (or, rather, the lack thereof): I'm (finally) starting to settle into a pattern at my new workplace, so I should be able to resume working on LiquidUU soon. Until now, I've been mostly looking out for compatibility -- if an update had broken LiquidUU, I would've fixed it ASAP; but that, happily, hasn't been necessary.

• Good to hear, iv been hanging for some news for a while :)

Edit: Do you think you could change the default name of the Accelerator to UUM-Accelerator so it doesn't have the same name as RP2's accelerator?

• Good to hear, iv been hanging for some news for a while :)

You should only really worry if you don't see me logged into the forum here for days on end ;)

Edit: Do you think you could change the default name of the Accelerator to UUM-Accelerator so it doesn't have the same name as RP2's accelerator?

Certainly can! Sooner or later I need to look into externalizing the language bits, too, but this'll do for the interim.

• Actually I have another request, Could you bunch the GUI elements a little tighter? making it easier to position for other texture packs for when you get round to doing the tank view n whatnot. Also It may make the accellerator more appealing if it had up to 4 export slots per item.

• I can bunch them a little tighter, but I'm not sure why -- the GUI isn't going to change any. As for export slots, that is a thought; possibly with increasing the number of input slots. Perhaps an advanced variant -- the current accelerator is really meant to be used in production automation; it only has a GUI so that you can check up on it.

• The gui bunching is purely to fit more texture packs a little better (Such as sphax) its not needed but would be a nice little change to just provide a more complete feel.

The multi input output would allow for a much larger ability to be used with mod machines, Gregtechs come to mind as nearly all his machines have 4 ouitputs (Some 5 now i think about i, and 1-2 inputs)

• The multi input output would allow for a much larger ability to be used with mod machines, Gregtechs come to mind as nearly all his machines have 4 ouitputs (Some 5 now i think about i, and 1-2 inputs)

Definitely sounds like something for an advanced accelerator, if one of those ever gets made.

Continuing the saga of figuring out where I grab time for myself from the fairly small bits thereof that life has been leaving me lately, I've managed to use most of today setting up a Jenkins at http://ci.narc.ro, and having it build both LiquidUU and BeamMeUp. What this means for the future: no more 'b' releases, ever -- they'll just get a build number increment instead. I'm quite happy about that, they were starting to look really ugly to me.

Regular players are strongly urged to continue using the normal download links in this post and on the narc.ro website, but those who, for some reason, want the bleeding edge (maybe saw something interesting in the commit history on github?) should be able to get their desires fulfilled now. As always, bug reports are very dear to me, just remember to tell me the versions of everything relevant so I know where you're coming from.

• I see you bumped the github version to 0.8. Why didn't you write anything here?

Because it's not ready for release. I just took the time to make the electrolyzer actually read adjacent tanks, but it's still got plenty of needed work (GUI tabs, assignable machine faces, EU in/out, crafting recipe (actually, I think I have a decent idea for that last one), and probably more I can't remember right now).

It's progress, but it's not a release yet, and I'd feel weird having a long line of posts all authored by me, just reporting minor changes along the way to a new release. Edit: Although, if you think I should (maybe to keep up interest?), I wouldn't mind doing so.

• For the LE crafting recipe: be sure to throw in gears, cables and electrolyzed water cells.

Quote from narc

It's progress, but it's not a release yet, and I'd feel weird having a long line of posts all authored by me, just reporting minor changes along the way to a new release. Edit: Although, if you think I should (maybe to keep up interest?), I wouldn't mind doing so.

Of course! With time, we have nothing to report or conversate about, so you should keep us informed about everything, so we know you're still active and to maybe even help you a bit with the newest things.