[Addon v1.112+] Liquid UU-Matter v0.7.12b (now officially retired)

• I feel silly. When I made the test instance, I added the wrong version. The original problem WAS on 0.7.11b though. The non-experimental version works, but not every time. Seems to not work on world create, but if I close and reopen, replace all the stuff, the refinery starts behaving once I configure its GUI. Works fine from then on. :huh:

Yeah, that's just weird. I have no idea what's going on there.

Different topic, feels like it's more balanced now, I like the 3 UU/Oil cost. Seems like a good baseline.

Mhm, it worked all right. Glad you like it.

Edit: Saw you said you needed some possible textures, thought I'd give it a go for you because of the derp on my part. The first texture is idle, second is electrolyzing, and the third is delectrolyzing.

Excellent, thank you kindly. I really like the look, definitely want to use them. Is a Creative Commons-Attribution license good enough for you, do you want to be credited under a name other than this one, and do you want a link to a specific profile/website of yours other than the IC2 forum profile?

Your Addon makes Liquid Transposers from Thermal Expansion not extracting Lava Cans from Forestry. Please fix this, it is really annoying.

I don't touch lava cans, and the only thing I do with liquid transposers is use their API. If there's a bug, it's not in my code. For what it's worth, I just tested lava cans in my test world and they worked just fine (after I eventually remembered the LTs need power).

OK, about the electrolyzer stack bug, take a look at this screenshot of the creative inventory:[...]
    Notice anything weird? Check it out on your world! Does it happen to you?

It does not, but that's an interesting thing to find out. It looks like your version somehow has a canonical stack of size 64. This is very impressive given that nothing should be messing with my ItemStacks, and they're initialized with a stack size of 1.

• Whatever you feel is fine, I just make a few textures for fun!
    Yeah, Zerrens is fine for the name/IC2 forum profile, I don't really have much out there in the way of contacting.

If you (or anyone reading this thread for the matter) need more textures, I'll gladly do them.

• I don't touch lava cans, and the only thing I do with liquid transposers is use their API. If there's a bug, it's not in my code. For what it's worth, I just tested lava cans in my test world and they worked just fine (after I eventually remembered the LTs need power).

Well it works in Singleplayer too, but my server refused to make it work.

• Whatever you feel is fine, I just make a few textures for fun!
    Yeah, Zerrens is fine for the name/IC2 forum profile, I don't really have much out there in the way of contacting.

If you (or anyone reading this thread for the matter) need more textures, I'll gladly do them.

All righty, then, thanks again! Expect to see your handiwork in v0.8, as soon as I have time to make it happen.

Well it works in Singleplayer too, but my server refused to make it work.

Oh, it was on a server -- I admit, I didn't test that. Theoretically, it should be working, though -- again, LiquidUU doesn't touch lava cans at all; there's no reference to them anywhere in my code -- but certainly I can investigate. Would you mind telling me what versions of everything you're running (Forge, Forestry, Thermal Expansion, LiquidUU)? I'll make my test environment as close to yours as I can.

• I have an idea. I was inspired by an earlier comment for an Antimatter Reactor. Except this would add a whole new liquid/item. Antimatter. You could create antimatter in almost the same way as UU-Matter. With both of them you can combine them which will generate way more EU than you spent making the antimatter and the UU. The reactor would be a multi-block design. It would be like the iron tank from railcraft or the industrial blast furnace. Except this would be a bit bigger and be much much much more expensive.

• I'm having some issues replicating liquids using the refinery. I'm putting the recipe in the refinery and it seems to be reacting as you would think, and i'm pumping UU matter and biofuel into each side, but no matter what i do, I cannot get biofuel to pump out of the refinery, nor does the refinery consume MJ (seems like it should given the MJ per UU in the OP). I hope its just something i'm doing wrong. I'm using liquiduu version 0.7.11b and Minecraft Forge .495

Any hints as to the proper way to set this up would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if i'm overlooking something simple here.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/m14H6.png</a>

Thanks for your time,

anagran

• I have an idea. [...] a whole new liquid/item. Antimatter.[...]

Yes, that is an idea. I'm not satisfied with the generation method for this antimatter stuff, though -- I don't want to just copy UUM but give the new item just one reason to exist. A thought would be to have this item act as an explosive that never drops items (basically a small nuke with no drops). I'd want a whole industry chain for making it, though, including making containers that can, well, contain it, that would be highly expensive and/or time-consuming to make. And still I'd want more reasons for it to exist.

I'll keep it in mind and perhaps fiddle with the idea more in my copious spare time. Feel free to refine the suggestion further.

I'm having some issues replicating liquids using the refinery.[...]

I wish I could just tell you it was something you were doing wrong, but I have no idea what's causing that. It happened to Zerrens before, too -- his solution was just to update to Minecraft 1.4.7, and I imagine you've already done that, and it still didn't seem to be a complete fix. The problem with fixing it is I have to be able to reproduce it myself, so I can poke around the internals while it's happening, and I haven't seen this happen here. Right now I'm guessing it's something slightly odd about the refinery, but that's about all I can say.

I'm more than half-tempted to add an electric refinery to try and mitigate this issue, but that's going to be a while until it happens. In the mean time, the more you can tell me about how to make it happen on my own computer, the more likely it is I can try to fix it.

narc, I would love to see the Accelerator have 3 different faces for texturing, Top/Sides/Bottom just to allow for a bit of variation in the texturing.

Two problems: firstly, the accelerator can be rotated to face any of the six directions -- define for me "top" and "bottom" when the machine is facing up or down: do I replace the top/bottom texture with the machine-connected face, or do I try to rotate them, say, north and south? Second problem: the accelerator's current texture has always been intended to be purely temporary -- FunnyMan3595 has kindly donated a renderer for the accelerator internal tank's contents, but I need him to help me draw the enclosing tank itself, and then I need a "machine interior" texture, and to decide how I want to render said machine interior.

This is my next priority after making the Liquid Electrolyzer work, and while I have some idea of where I'm going with it, it's going to be fairly fiddly work that will take a little while. Please bear with me until I get there, as I really can't accept textures for the accelerator until then (unless, perhaps, you have a nice "IC2 machine innards" texture I could chop up and push around).

• I was thinking Top as the facing side and bottom the reverse side.
    I might be able to whip up a machine internal texture although it could take me many moons to get something of acceptable quality.

• Oh, I see, an explicit texture for the face opposite the machine connection. I think the "see the inside" change is going to fix that better than patching the current temporary solution (and yes, I know, it's been "temporary" for months; we'll get there, I promise).

Will greatly appreciate anything you can come up with, and there's no time frame required -- I don't know when I'll get around to poking at this from my end, either.

• https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70899529/blocks.png

This is what I have fiddled around with so far

Machine/FullSide/Back/EmptySide

If im gonna throw together something for SideInterior BottomInteriror and MachineInterior ill probably work something out in the next few minutes but as far as implementing, sometimes I can get something nice and quick, othertimes not so much (The last texture/modeling work I did was over 5 years ago :P)

Edit: Im guessing just a 16x texture for the interior (Making the inside as big as the outside) would be acceptable, similar to the railcraft iron tanks?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70899529/blocks1.png This was something I was fiddling around with yesterday, but wont be much good :P

Also how big are you thinking of making the internal tank (I realise so many questions, some that you probably dont know) but no harm in asking :P

• Inside I'll be tossing in the internal tank (spherical, a little more than half of the block in diameter, centrally-positioned) and a number of small blocks (something like 1/8th to 1/3rd the width of the block) positioned more or less randomly on the machine-connected side of the accelerator. I'll most likely have the corners of the block be solid at probably 1/16th the width of the block. It's harder to describe than to show, given that I haven't decided what it'll look like yet beyond "some black boxes thrown around the inside", so I'd much prefer to show you what we have to work with before I ask you to make anything texture-wise.

My only thought on the matter is "generic machine", i.e. something probably a bit like bedrock in appearance that just sits there and looks vaguely like it might contain the working parts of the accelerator. I don't specifically want to deal with a texture that isn't 16x16 -- I like being able to shove it into the same blocks.png I'm already using -- but this isn't a hard and fast requirement; if it'll look better as 32x32, I'll make it work. However, given that I'll be using a full block-size texture for things that are not full blocks, I think I can just scale and tile the full texture instead of chopping it up -- which will have the same end result.

Mmh... I can work up a little demo version to show the internal tank fairly quickly, but making it actually show all the important parts (including transparent outer and inner face textures) may take some time. Do you want to see just the internal tank, for an in-game idea of the size?

• Okay, I'm a rookie to using pipes in the first place, so excuse me for sounding stupid.

I CANNOT get the accelerator to accept liquid UU from a tank. I've tried every combination of pipes possible, but nothing seems to get it in there. I feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong but I can't figure it out. What is the simplest possible way to pipe liquid UU from a tank into the accelerator? Does it need to be on a particular face of the accelerator to work? Am I missing something really stupid?

Tried using Tekkit Lite 0.5.1 and 0.5.2. Not sure about 0.5.1, but 0.5.2 uses Forge 497 and Buildcraft 3.4.0.

• It should work like any other machine that accepts liquids -- pipe the liquid out of your tank, into waterproof pipes or liquiducts or RP2 fluid pipes, and then into the accelerator. The face that connects to machines will not accept liquids and should also not visibly connect to pipes.

Here's the setup I had in the OP of this thread using buildcraft waterproof pipes and an autarchic gate: http://img.narc.ro/minecraft/m…erated-logistics-full.png. I can take pictures of setups using the other two liquid transport systems. It should work with a railcraft liquid unloader, as well, but that one I've honestly never tested.

• It should work like any other machine that accepts liquids -- pipe the liquid out of your tank, into waterproof pipes or liquiducts or RP2 fluid pipes, and then into the accelerator. The face that connects to machines will not accept liquids and should also not visibly connect to pipes.

Here's the setup I had in the OP of this thread using buildcraft waterproof pipes and an autarchic gate: http://img.narc.ro/minecraft/m…erated-logistics-full.png. I can take pictures of setups using the other two liquid transport systems. It honestly should work with a railcraft liquid unloader, as well, but that one I've honestly never tested.

I'm trying placing a wooden waterproof pipe between the accelerator and the tank, and tried placing a wooden waterproof and then a golden waterproof between them. Neither setup appears to work, and I'm not sure why. It could possibly be an incompatibility with other mods in Tekkit Lite?

I somehow got some liquid to flow through using an autarchic gate on the wooden pipe... briefly. It didn't fill the accelerator and stopped after a second. Weird.

• Is the wooden pipe pointing out from the tank? Are you providing Buildcraft power? Is there liquid visibly in the pipes?

Sure, it might be an incompatibility that's breaking Buildcraft, but it's not terribly likely.