Nuke Improvements

• Hey there. This is literally my FIRST time on the site. And i am here to suggest an improvement to Nukes. Well. First of all. Mushroom clouds and Custom potion effect if you get to close. Radiation. The potion effect should combine Nausea Hunger and Poisoning. and should be applied if you are closer than 20 or so blocks from the crater. OR closer than 100 blocks from the explosion. And second. The Mushroom Cloud. It should use smoke effects to create a mushroom like cloud that erupts from the crater. and should fade after 20 or so seconds. It should also be able to be disabled. Now for the other suggestions. There should be a GUI flash that blinds the player if looking towards the nuke. Another things is the nuke should set stuff around the crater on fire. Trees, ETC. Also. Last thing for now. The nuke should only drop 50% of the things it breaks. Thats all for now :) :Nuke TNT:

• I won't comment on the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure the nuke drops less than 50% of what it breaks already. Let me just go check...

Yeah, there it is: the drop rate for a nuke is 0.05 (that's 5% for the mathematically-challenged) as of IC2 1.106. I don't think it's changed since then.

• Radiation - Denied multiple times because of lag.

Advanced visual effects - Denied multiple times because of lag.

Narc already answered one of the questions.

NEXT

dont get offended, i would love this to happen, but given how IC devs (and with a reason to do so) deny almost everything that causes lag...

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Eh, a screen flash and a blindness potion effect sound okay, as far as visual effects go. Persistent radiation is a no-go for multiple reasons, but a momentary effect again sounds reasonable. The mushroom cloud is a no-go not just because of possible lag, but also because it's really difficult to do right.

I know, I said I wouldn't comment, but just saying "lag" is too simplistic.

• Agreed.

Everything that causes lag (or could potentially cause lag, like multi-block structures (Looks at LESU and says, "Dafuq")) is pretty much toast at this point. But, since it's your first time here, welcome! And look out for our Resident Asshole, before suggesting anything.