IC2 Rubber trees spawn as light / not spawning

• Hi everybody,

I was hoping the collective wisdom could help me with a problem please:

I'm putting together a MC 1.4.5 server for me and a few friends and as such have collected together the big mods like IC2, buildcraft, etc.

However, my main problem is that IC2 rubber trees are not spawning anywhere, but I do get the occasional unexplained patch of light on the ground, approximately (I imagine from seeing rubber tree frequency on the Tekkit server I was running) where rubber trees should spawn. The light source does occupy a block so that I cannot walk through it, but is invisible.

A few tech specs to help out:
    MC v1.4.5
    Forge v6.4.1.430 (latest stable)
    IC2 v1.109.113-lf (latest open beta)

Whilst I do have other plugins installed, I have also tried a 'bare-bones' install of just MC, Forge and IC2.

I've also tried moving the block IDs for all rubber tree related blocks (e.g. rubber wood, rubber leaves, saplings etc.) to unused block IDs but that's not sorted the problem.

At one point in my tinkering (can't be sure what I did), the block of light appeared as a rubber tree sapling, but with a purple, lit, flat square beneath it and still gave off the same white light. Since this is far from having full rubber trees, it wasn't much help!

Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything anyone can suggest?

Cheers for any suggestions.

• Hey guys,

thank you very much for the suggestions; after replacing the IC2 open beta with the latest stable rubber trees are spawning! I hadn't thought to look to see if there was a new version available (what a fool!).

Now I'm gonna have to investigate the invisible beehives problem!

Cheers for all your help.