New server. This means less lag when more people join It also means a map reset and mod pack change though.
This is a MindCrack pack v7 server. You need the feed the beast launcher with the MindCrack pack selected to join this server. This server is whitelisted. If you want to be whitelisted you need to reply to this thread with your IGN and age.
You need to install Charge Pads, TeleportPipes, Advanced Power Management, and SeedManager mods to join this server.
- Download Charge Pads Here.
- Download Advanced Power Management Here (Direct Link).
- Download SeedManager Here.
- Download TeleportPipes Here (Direct Link).
- Open Feed The Beast launcher and select MindCrack Pack.
- Click "Edit Mod Pack" above the list of mod packs.
- Click "Add Mod" in the bottom right of the window that pops up.
- Select one of the mod files you downloaded.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each mod you downloaded.
- Close the window, you now have all the additional mods installed and can join the server.
Nuclear reactors output steam, not EU. You must put the steam into a steam turbine to get EU.
Chunk loaders are enabled, however each player is limited to 35 loaded chunks (I may increase or decrease this if necessary). Chunk loaders only work while you are online (this means when you log off, all of your loaded chunks will be unloaded).
You may claim chunks with the /chunk command. Each player may claim up to 35 chunks.
I know it seems like a lot of rules, but most of them come down to two basic rules. Do not produce lag. Do not be a dick. Most of the rules are just there to make sure you know of the multiple ways lag is created, and how to avoid it.
- Don't be a dick.
- Don't create lag. If you do, fix it. Creating lag can get you banned depending on the circumstances.
- Don't grief. Even if it isn't protected, do not grief. If caught griefing ANYTHING you will be permanently banned.
- If you wouldn't want someone to do it to you or your server, don't do it to them or their server.
- As a general rule of thumb, if it could potentially cause someone else grief, don't do it.
- Enjoy your time on my server, and allow others to enjoy their time as well.
- Don't ask me to spawn items for you. It is very unlikely that I will.
- One quarry per person. Breaking this rule will get you banned, no questions asked.
- Do not put quarries over water. It makes things look nice, however it also causes lag, so please don't do it.
- If your quarry overflows or otherwise causes lag, you will most likely be banned for it, so please make sure your quarries are fail safe.
- ALL quarries MUST have overflow protection. The best way is to drop any items the quarry doesn't store into lava. You can build it into your sorting system if you have one, or directly from the quarry. As long as it prevents the quarry from dropping a million items on the ground and causing massive lag. Failing to abide by this rule will result in you losing your quarry on first offense, and a ban on the second offense.
- Please only use chunk loaders if you actually need to keep the chunk loaded (for quarries that are far from home, oil pumps, etc).
- Please configure chunk loaders properly, so that they only load the chunks they actually need to load. This can be done by setting the radius of the chunk.
- All spawners MUST be disabled when not in use.
- You may only have 4 spawners active at any given time.
- Don't go overboard with these. I don't want to disable them, but I will if they become an issue.
- You MUST have warning signs before anything that will kill a player. If the player was not made aware that they would get killed before it was too late, you are breaking this rule.
- Traps are allowed ONLY in your own home. You may not create traps in dungeons, random places in the world, etc. If the chunk is not protected, I will consider this rule broken.
- You may not trick players into getting killed by your security systems. IE: You cannot invite a player to your home, tell him you won't kill him, and then kill him with your security system.
- If all of the rules have been followed (the player was properly warned and had the opportunity to back out, and they were killed on land claimed by you), any items the player drops are yours.
- I allow the mods that can kill players to stay on the server, so that you can protect your home and prevent randoms from entering/roaming around your land/being derpy and annoying. Don't abuse this, or I will be forced to disable the items/blocks that kill other players.
- Please be mindful of what you're doing and how it may effect everyone else on the server.
- Only use timers when you must, they cause lag, and most times there is a machine or other block that can do what you want without a timer.
- Please use redpower2 pneumatic tubes over buildcraft pipes when you can. Pneumatic tubes are far more stable than buildcraft pipes and have less lag producing traits. This doesn't mean you can't use buildcraft pipes, just that rp2 tubes are preferred.
- No exploits. This means anything that may duplicate items, xray hacks/texture packs, fly mods, etc. Permanent ban on first offense.
- Please avoid things like cobble generators. Your quarry is probably already producing enough lag and cobble for both of us to keep our mass fab fed with scrap.
- PowerTools/Chunk Protection (provides chunk protection and world limiting)
- RecipeRemover (ability to disable recipes/items)
- Ticks Per Second (shows the server's current tick rate with the /tps command)
- All parts of the Portal Gun mod except the portal gun and portal spawners.
- Ender Storage (replaced by teleportpipes which is more balanced)
- Extra Bees (cause op is bad)
- Petro Gen (meh?)
Mods to Disable (via launcher, you don't have to do this but it will get them out of your NEI, and prevent you crashing when you try to craft items from them):
- CPU: Whatever the VPS gives me
- Memory: 2GB
- Network: 100Mbit connection
Server IP: crackcraft.dyndns.org