API Copyright

• So, i tried to understand your copyright, but there's one thing i don't know.

If i use the api, does that mean i am not allowed to use adfly links for my mod? Even if my mod isn't especially built as an addon, but more so that they can be compatible?

• Official Post

Addon = Doesnt run without IC² installed.
    Mod = Runs without other Mods (aside from Forge) being installed.

Railcraft and Forestry USE the API and they also use adf.ly-Links or similar Sites, while all the Addons published in the Addon Section of this Forum dont run without IC² (or make absolutely no Sense to play without IC² installed).

• The first paragraph isn't really clear, but as it is worded it means about this:

- If whatever you write using the IC API is extending and/or modifying IC2 (adding new features like blocks or changing current ones) then you fall under the category of an addon and must not use adfly or similar to make money with your addon.

- If you use the API to access IC2 stuff but do not add any blocks/items to it (like a craft guide that summarizes all recipes) you can use adfly or similar.

As of the wording one could argue about what exactly is a feature that has been added, but the good news is that Alblaka is not an evil advocate, so as long as you don't do anything obviously selfish/bad it is unlikely that he will start suing you just for the lolz.

• Addon = Doesnt run without IC² installed.
    Mod = Runs without other Mods (aside from Forge) being installed.

Railcraft and Forestry USE the API and they also use adf.ly-Links or similar Sites, while all the Addons published in the Addon Section of this Forum dont run without IC² (or make absolutely no Sense to play without IC² installed).

Thanks, that means i can use adfly, as i use the api only to add some functionality to my mod, but it's not needed to play :D