Balance Idea for Servers: Option to disable pumps from working in the Nether.

• I find on my server anyways since we started to go with Vanilla servers and also open the Nether that most my users now just build large geo thermal arrays. Now time has passed and screw large Solar Panel Arrays. We now have Nether and lots and lots of Lava to where it can even almost be considered a unlimited resource of it. My suggestion is simple. Just a config option that makes IC Pumps not work in the nether that is default off so that it effects no one unless they decide to use the feature.

This will make me happy and even deep down make my players happy and move away from doing just pure Geo for large power generation.

PS: I assume if IC does this then the devs doing BC would probably be more then happy to follow suit bring more balance to both mods :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I'm fine with that so long as it remains an option, not a hardcoded thing.

Personally I don't much mind nether pumps. Geos don't put out a *whole* lot of EU since I edited the configs, and if someone wants to spend the time to set up an enegy/lava distribution ender-net, I figure they farmed enough blazes, mined enough obsidian, diamonds, etc. that they've earned a week's worth of maintenance free power.

With GregTech, until you get some of the heavier solar panels (which takes a good bit), there aren't really many options for players to get reliable energy without having to constantly babysit generators instead of building awesome buildings or contraptions.

This is just my 2c, though, and everyone plays differently. Which is why I vote yes, but only if it is configurable.

• I highly agree with this, it used to be people spamming solars while I spammed geothermals, now everybody spams geothermals while I spam solars.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• That's why we need buffing Nuclear Energy, don't you think ? ^^.

More seriously, I agree with that option. At least it could force them to use cells. And Geo users use to e Tin pinchers.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• lol, Are you intentionally trying to fight with the meta-game? If so, you are failing...

Geothermal is the new 'attractive energy' for the mods right now. Look at Thermal Expansion. That mod alone buffs the hell out of geothermal that, if done correctly, can convert the Nether as a whole into pure energy (moreso if you have GregTech Soul Sand fuel, but meh at that kind of investment)....

Meta-game is meta-game. They'll just spam something else when people get the feeling too. Only reason people won't spam nuclear is that it's too much risk to do so, and in many ways too much of an investment...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Go into your config and where you see the power options, just nerf geothermal. Make it output 1/8 its normal power.

It's not that he wants to nerf geothermals per se, it's that he wants to nerf the way geothermals are used, so that if you find surface lava, that is a nice little bonus to energy, not make it so Nether pumps are absolutely essential to get any real energy from geothermals.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l