My vision of Thermonuclear reactor

• First of all:

Dence gold plate can be used same way, as a copper one.
    I have a much trouble finding enough copper for my nuclear reactor.

Real thermonuclear reactors (so called Tokamak Reactor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak) maded with superconductive magnetic coils with toroidal channel, contain deuterium+tritium plasma. So we go same way.

Made iridium dust, that will needed to make superconductive alloy.

Superconductive alloy dust.

Superconductive alloy.

Superconductive cable.

Superconductive coil (Superconductive cable+tesla coil)

Thermonuclear reactor control core (generator+reactor plating+advanced circuit).

Each block of superconductive coil placed around control core. Reactor must work only if all 8 of coils placed in circle around conrol core.
    Fuel for reactor is heavy water:

First all coolant cells, that exhausted their resource become a "radioactive water cell".

We make a one heavy water cell from each 8 radioactive water cell in extractor.

If anybody like to bring my ideas to game, i can make necessary pictures for that.

• So you want a nuclear fusion reactor? That's one of the oldest ideas for IndustrialCraft. I suggested it even before nuclear fission reactors were added! Here's the link to the first time it was suggested.
    However, your presentation style is great! I'm sure it was much work to get all those pictures. Well done! On the other hand, running a search before so much effort would have saved you quite some time.
    Regarding your copper problem, try mining at y=40! You'll find most of the copper there.

Live long and prosper!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• First all coolant cells, that exhausted their resource become a "radioactive water cell".

I agree with you that producing Tritium should be done with a Nuclear Reactor. [I have to mention that a Fusion Reactor has been introduced by the GregTech-Addon]. GregTech should change the way of producing Tritium and that for a few reasons:

- Making Fusion Reactor easily automated is sad to me, it just turn into a big Solar Pannel Array. I would more like it being cheaper, but also alot harder to automate.
    - It would buff Helium-based Fusion.
    -It would makes Nuclear Reactor even more useful! ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• i, personally, like the idea and not everyone wants to have greg-tech installed

There's already 2 mode providing Fusion Reactor: Rocket Science (nout updated yet) and GregTech. If this is not enough for you, don't complain ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• i, personally, like the idea and not everyone wants to have greg-tech installed

Definitely true, but fusion reactors have been denied for core IC2 for quite some time now, I believe I don't now included the link to his original suggestion of this a while ago.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• for quite some time now

In fact, it was NOT denied for about 1 day, 4 hours and 32 minutes after the public release of IC if my calculations are correct.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Quoted from "stm91"

There's already 2 mode providing Fusion Reactor: Rocket Science (nout updated yet) and GregTech. If this is not enough for you, don't complain ...

Firstly, last time i checked there's no SMP support in Rocket science and secondly, i already stated my opinion about GergTech. Also, i wasn't complaining, i merely stated that i like THIS idea. If it was an addon that only added this i'd love to have it on my server.

• Firstly, last time i checked there's no SMP support in Rocket science and secondly, i already stated my opinion about GergTech. Also, i wasn't complaining, i merely stated that i like THIS idea. If it was an addon that only added this i'd love to have it on my server.

Yes, but your sentence involved a sort of unphrased request for IC². As for GregTech, I just think you hadn't use it more than 30 hours, and that's why you dislike it. Anyway, even if it's not the case, Rocket science is meant to be SMP, in a few months probably.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Honestly, you're probably right, as i only read through GregTech a while ago and decided that i didn't like certain things :S ..but maybe, if i work through the config, it'll become more appealing.

Other than that there was nothing to read between the lines of my other post, since i already noticed that "big" additions like that will be kind of denied/ignored by default in any case, even if the idea (not specifically this one) is a valid one. The most this suggestion board is able to change are minor game play mechanics.

• and decided that i didn't like certain things

Try it without changing the config ;) (except for annoying features to me, as complete "Ore" Dictionnary unification, making everything usable instead of circuits and Machines ... ^^). You'll see that:
    -The Blast Furnace system is fun, because it makes you an step more to reach, but with some new things that can help before (centrifuge and electrolyzer are awesome !).
    -The Greengen nerf makes Fuel really useful :). It always funnier running his machine on BC Refined Oil than using Solar Pannels I think ^^.
    -Everything nerfed was kinda OP before. Not for everyone/every situation, but the Quantum + Nano Saber was too easy to get for PvP. With GregTech it's weel balanced (to me).
    -Nether and End are now really useful ^^.
    -Alternate recipes are cool and use your gold and such useless ressources ^^.
    -A lot more ^^.

Also, try to play without Adv. Solar Pannels, it just break the game to me :/

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().