Keeping the crop matron fed?

• My crop matron seems to be going through an inordinate amount of supplies. I dropped a stack and a half of fertilizer in it, realized I forgot the hydration cells, and when I got back with the hydration cells the fertilizer was all used up.

Will this behaviour be less gluttonous once I feed it enough supplies, or is there some way to slow it down?

• Well, yes, it uses at least one fertilizer for every crop thing in its range immediately.

But even once they're all fertilized it goes though fertilizer stupidly fast. You need a pretty high output scrap generator to even think about keeping them fed for more than a couple hours.

• If you want to keep it fed at all do a skeleton farm for bones and use a few mining turtles as cobblestone generators for keeping the recycler fed. You can also use an autocrafting table to make the scrap.

• And so is the latest IC2 version. ;)
    And to my knowledge the bug has still not been fixed: as soon as the chunk with the Matron is unloaded and then loaded again, all crops in that area will be fertilized again, draining huge amounts on input.