What would happen if we mix cables?

• I mean, what would happen if we make a cable of 100 blocks long with half of it made of glass cable and the other half with gold cable for example. Does the resistance values reset in the "cut" (when one cable connects to the next)?? If it resets in the intersection, could we have a 100 meters long cable made of copper and HV cable alternately with 0 EU lost?

• I mean, what would happen if we make a cable of 100 blocks long with half of it made of glass cable and the other half with gold cable for example. Does the resistance values reset in the "cut" (when one cable connects to the next)?? If it resets in the intersection, could we have a 100 meters long cable made of copper and HV cable alternately with 0 EU lost?

I think the resistance is a tile-value, whereas the resistance-free zone is something thats calculated from a different part of the code. So you'd merely have a funky looking cable causing (R1+R2)/2 losses.

• we might need one of the coders to answer this.
    but i think that the EU loss will be calculated like adding the block EU loss together so if you have a 100 block long cable with 50 gold and 50 glass fiber
    the EU loss will be 50*0.4+ 50*0.05=22.5 EU loss after 100 block with 50% gold 50% glass fiber.
    and it will not change by placing 1 gold - 1 fiber -1 gold and so on

• we might need one of the coders to answer this.
    but i think that the EU loss will be calculated like adding the block EU loss together so if you have a 100 block long cable with 50 gold and 50 glass fiber
    the EU loss will be 50*0.4+ 50*0.05=22.5 EU loss after 100 block with 50% gold 50% glass fiber.
    and it will not change by placing 1 gold - 1 fiber -1 gold and so on

my thought exactly.