• Just uploaded v1.12! Changelog:

Bug fix- fixed crash when quantum helmet tried to remove a potion effect
    Reorganized pacakges

Added a config file with:
    IDs
    The max number of solar or static upgrades that can be applied
    The order in which solar/static items will charge armors
    The option to disable the crafting recipes for the upgrades

Added the ability to use IC2 energy storage upgrades to increase an item's EU by 10,000
    Added the ability to use IC2 overclocker upgrades to increase an item's charging speed by 20
    Added Energy Storage Upgrades Mk 2 and Mk 3 to increase an item's EU by 100,000 and 1,000,000, respectively.

NOTE! THIS REQUIRES IC2 1.115 OR LATER! YOU WILL CRASH AND/OR GET WEIRD GLITCHES IF YOU DON'T UPDATE!

Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

Edited 2 times, last by UnixRano ().

• New version crashes my server on startup:

Singleplayer works "fine", but:
    - storage upgrades seem to have no effect (NEI shows second EU tooltip info, but it doesn't increase with the first, and armor doesn't charge more then original capacity allowed)
    - overclockers seem to have no effect (charge time is more or less the same as without them, tested with about 64 overclockers)
    - applying too many overclockers (100?) crashes the game, with:

Also, is there a cap on how many ESUs and overclockers can be applied?

• Update to the latest Ic2.

There is no cap to the number of upgrades that can be applied, but there is a max upgradeable transfer speed and EU. By that, I mean I'm not going to say "you can only have 100 upgrades" regardless of what type they are; there is a maximum max eu. You can apply as many upgrades as you want, but the max EU will never exceed 100,000,000 and the transfer speed will never exceed 20,000 (EDIT: It's actually 200,000).

And for future reference- if the latest update fails that miserably, you should probably assume that it's your fault. I would never release a version with something THAT broken. There are always plenty of bugs to be fixed, and crash reports for those are much appreciated as I need them to fix it, but if the server doesn't work at all (I test it on a server with friends for at least a few days before I upload) and the client is that glitchy (I test the client constantly), please read over the forum post and check for instructions like "make sure you update".

• -snip-

I'm just dumb then, I didn't know there was a new IC2 version. Installing it (and the newest Forge) fixed those crashes, however armor doesn't respect 20000 EU charge speed limit - 16 stacks of overclockers got my chestplate to 103400.

• I'm just dumb then, I didn't know there was a new IC2 version. Installing it (and the newest Forge) fixed those crashes, however armor doesn't respect 20000 EU charge speed limit - 16 stacks of overclockers got my chestplate to 103400.

Yeah, since the new IC2 is in open beta, they don't update that thing at the top that says current version. That's why i tried to make it known that this needed the newest version. Obviously i failed.

As for the charge speed limit... i'll look into that.

EDIT: I checked the code, it actually maxes out at 200,000.

I did find a divide by zero error in the process, so I fixed that.

I can't upload it just yet, because I'm in the middle of developing the Armor Assembler and I don't want to upload it half-finished. Hopefully, I'll be done tomorrow or Tuesday.

Edited 3 times, last by UnixRano ().

• Quick question/comment/feature request....I really love this mod and our server has been using it awhile now but I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the way the chest pieces work with upgrades in a future release to allow both the flight turbine and the jetpack functions to both continue to work. Basically when flight mode is enabled you get the "creative" flight, and when its not you get the basic function of the jetpack with and without the hover mode. Thanks for the mod, and keep up the great work.

• Quick question/comment/feature request....I really love this mod and our server has been using it awhile now but I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the way the chest pieces work with upgrades in a future release to allow both the flight turbine and the jetpack functions to both continue to work. Basically when flight mode is enabled you get the "creative" flight, and when its not you get the basic function of the jetpack with and without the hover mode. Thanks for the mod, and keep up the great work.

Not the first time that's been requested, so I'd be happy to add that in the next version :)

• Bug: If you upgrade your armor capacity into 100,000,000 or higher, when is fully charged you'll die in one hit from anything.

I also agree with the above since hovering uses more than 8000 eu per tick which is impossible to support continuously. It would be nice to replace the flight enable button with mode switch, so you could change from jetpack and hover since flight enable is basically pointless. You might wana decrease the EU needed for flight.

One of the best addons Ive seen in a while, very good work :D

• I have experienced that too. Also, flight cost could be made configurable.

And two more bugs I found:
    - armor parts with high max capacity and low current EU sometimes get negative damage value and randomly disappear from inventory.
    - applying an upgrade resets EU charge of an item back to its original max capacity. (Will probably be fixed/removed with addition of Armor Assembler)

EDIT: Overclockers Mk II pls. Because applying 30 stacks of overclockers is dumb (crafting them too).

• I have experienced that too. Also, flight cost could be made configurable.

And two more bugs I found:
    - armor parts with high max capacity and low current EU sometimes get negative damage value and randomly disappear from inventory.
    - applying an upgrade resets EU charge of an item back to its original max capacity. (Will probably be fixed/removed with addition of Armor Assembler)

EDIT: Overclockers Mk II pls. Because applying 30 stacks of overclockers is dumb (crafting them too).

I recently discovered that because the 100,000,000 is such a large number, it often glitches out. I'll look into that.
    I added the jetpack functionality for the next version, but the flight shouldn't cost that much, so I'll look into that too.
    The negative damage values are being caused by the same thing that's causing the instant death. Fixed it already while working on armor assembler.
    Last thing is also already fixed with the armor assembler.
    I'd be glad to add an Overclocker Mk II.

EDIT: I checked the code, and the flight should only be consuming 10 EU/t (which might be a bit cheap... but that's not the issue at hand). Where did you come up with 8,000?

EDIT 2: It may be because I forgot to change the code that consumes EU when flying to use the upgraded max charge amount... I'd still like to know where/when it consumed 8,000 eu/t.

• What I'm seeing are ways to empower IC2 power armor with the ability to recharge tools, etc. What I really want is an item that charges tools from the inventory and lets me use whatever armor I want while still charging my tools. Since the main IC2 team is against doing this internally this has to be done via an addon. The goal is something like this...

Power Harness [PBP,BAB,PBP, P = Carbon Plate, B = RE-Battery, A = Advanced Alloy]. 40K EU internal storage with a slot for a batpack of any kind. Capacities add. Works like the batpack but from your inventory or maybe hotbar. Can be charged like any batpack and remembers total capacity when (dis)charging.

Then you can upgrade it to this...

Distributor Harness [CAC,LHL,CAC, C = Glass Fibre Cable, L = Lapotron Crystal, H = Power Harness, A = Advanced Circuit]. 2M EU capacity with two batpack slots for more. Attempts to balance energy between all active EU-storage tools/armor pieces including itself, allowing up to 512 EU/t into or out of each item. Balance for each is based on percent of capacity and recalculated every second or two.

• Okay, a few more suggestions:
    - "Vision Modulator" - helmet upgrade module, allows to switch Night Eye effect for EU/t, passively: looking at Endermen won't provoke them (like pumpkin).
    - some kind of leggings upgrade, maybe "switchable Speed II buff for EU",
    - Cloaking Module - to make it not remove player's armor, so other abilities are still usable and energy bars are visible.
    - being able to craft Exosuit with Greg's Cloaking Device as equivalent of Cloaking Module + 10 Mk II ESUs.
    - if people are freaking out because Nano Bow doesn't need arrows, make it need them and create new Quantum Bow, that will shoot with just energy. New arrow model would be nice.

This addon turns out to be pretty awesome.

• That sounds like a really cool system, but I see no need for that in this mod. I have already developed this entire system that allows you to combine your armors, therefore allowing you to charge all of your tools from your back while still having another armor (or two) of your choice, so why would I need to make another item that does the same thing?

Also, it may seem simpler to you, but while it's not impossible, it's easier for me (since I have access to IC2's API) to do it the way I am doing it, and I like the way I am doing it.

I was thinking of adding something similar to your vision idea, but then Ishaan1 reminded me that IC2 is almost done making a Night-vision Goggles armor and I will just add a combo armor for that when it is released.
    I have plans for some leggings upgrades. I considered a speed boost, but that's one of the features of the Quantum Leggings and I didn't want to render IC2 armors useless; I just wanted to use them and make improved versions of them.
    Removing the player's armor is kind of necessary without overriding base classes. Even if I made it not render the armor so that other players couldn't see you, the code for mobs checks if you have armor on regardless of what it renders as, so they would still be able to see you.
    I have plans for cross mod compatibility for things like GregTech, Compact Solars, and Advanced Solar Panels. I wanted to get more of the basics of my mod established before I started that, but now that the Armor Assembler is almost done, I may start that soon.
    I have plans to make a new arrow model. Just haven't gotten to it yet. The Nano Bow is theoretically shooting energy, it just doesn't look like it ATM. I did consider a Quantum Bow at one point, but the point of the Nano Bow was to match the Nano Saber and give a cheap electric ranged weapon, so unless I add a Quantum Saber too (which could be a possibility at some point) I'm just gonna stick with the Nano Bow for now.

Glad you're enjoying the mod :D

• I was thinking of adding something similar to your vision idea, but then Ishaan1 reminded me that IC2 is almost done making a Night-vision Goggles armor and I will just add a combo armor for that when it is released.
    I have plans for some leggings upgrades. I considered a speed boost, but that's one of the features of the Quantum Leggings and I didn't want to render IC2 armors useless; I just wanted to use them and make improved versions of them.
    Removing the player's armor is kind of necessary without overriding base classes. Even if I made it not render the armor so that other players couldn't see you, the code for mobs checks if you have armor on regardless of what it renders as, so they would still be able to see you.
    I have plans for cross mod compatibility for things like GregTech, Compact Solars, and Advanced Solar Panels. I wanted to get more of the basics of my mod established before I started that, but now that the Armor Assembler is almost done, I may start that soon.
    I have plans to make a new arrow model. Just haven't gotten to it yet. The Nano Bow is theoretically shooting energy, it just doesn't look like it ATM. I did consider a Quantum Bow at one point, but the point of the Nano Bow was to match the Nano Saber and give a cheap electric ranged weapon, so unless I add a Quantum Saber too (which could be a possibility at some point) I'm just gonna stick with the Nano Bow for now.

Glad you're enjoying the mod :D

Still, night vision goggles won't prevent players from aggroing an Enderman by staring at him. Currently, I can fix vision by Ender Pouch with crapton of potions, but anti-sight-aggro upgrade will be more convenient than a vision-obscuring pumpkin.
    Speed buff on leggings will be weaker then quantum sprint, but still useful due to increased backward movement speed, for example when you want to kite an army of zombies. If implemented, splitting it into two diffrent upgrades (one for 0 -> I, another for I -> II) might be good idea to make quantum leggings better choice than speed modules, that could be made expensive and pretty inefficient.

• Still, night vision goggles won't prevent players from aggroing an Enderman by staring at him. Currently, I can fix vision by Ender Pouch with crapton of potions, but anti-sight-aggro upgrade will be more convenient than a vision-obscuring pumpkin.
    Speed buff on leggings will be weaker then quantum sprint, but still useful due to increased backward movement speed, for example when you want to kite an army of zombies. If implemented, splitting it into two diffrent upgrades (one for 0 -> I, another for I -> II) might be good idea to make quantum leggings better choice than speed modules, that could be made expensive and pretty inefficient.

Good point, I may make an upgrade that simulates wearing a pumpkin on your head (if possible, there's a chance it's hardcoded and I can't replicate it without editing base classes. I'll try though).
    And I understand what you're saying for the speed, so I'll reconsider.

• Are you thinking about making the boost key available to the turbine engine similar to the gravisuit?

No, I'm actually specifically trying not to rip off gravisuite.

But that would be another reason to add a speed boost upgrade similar to what Saancreed mentioned above.

• If the nano bow is meant to shoot energy why not just change it to rifle or maybe a handgun? To me a bow seems out of place from the rest of IC's weapons.

If your trying to make it different from the mining laser then I'll offer my explanation for how the mining laser works: I believe that the mining laser is actually firing plasma instead of light, the plasma is being contained by a magnetic field that is generated by the redstone as the plasma is fired. By adjusting the intensity of the plasma and magnetic field the behavior of the bolt can be changed allowing all the interesting modes the mining laser has.

Either way just my two cents, and I'm loving this mod and would definitely call it my favorite IC2 addon.

• If the nano bow is meant to shoot energy why not just change it to rifle or maybe a handgun? To me a bow seems out of place from the rest of IC's weapons.

If your trying to make it different from the mining laser then I'll offer my explanation for how the mining laser works: I believe that the mining laser is actually firing plasma instead of light, the plasma is being contained by a magnetic field that is generated by the redstone as the plasma is fired. By adjusting the intensity of the plasma and magnetic field the behavior of the bolt can be changed allowing all the interesting modes the mining laser has.

Either way just my two cents, and I'm loving this mod and would definitely call it my favorite IC2 addon.

Glad you're liking it :D

I understand what you're saying about a bow being slightly out of place... but I'm not sure I want it to be a gun either. I think a laser would fit in the best, but I also don't want it to be too similar to the IC2 laser... For now, it's a bow. There's a good chance I'll reconsider/change it sometime in the future though, and your suggestion will be considered when/if that happens :)