Posts by Saancreed

I was thinking of adding something similar to your vision idea, but then Ishaan1 reminded me that IC2 is almost done making a Night-vision Goggles armor and I will just add a combo armor for that when it is released.
    I have plans for some leggings upgrades. I considered a speed boost, but that's one of the features of the Quantum Leggings and I didn't want to render IC2 armors useless; I just wanted to use them and make improved versions of them.
    Removing the player's armor is kind of necessary without overriding base classes. Even if I made it not render the armor so that other players couldn't see you, the code for mobs checks if you have armor on regardless of what it renders as, so they would still be able to see you.
    I have plans for cross mod compatibility for things like GregTech, Compact Solars, and Advanced Solar Panels. I wanted to get more of the basics of my mod established before I started that, but now that the Armor Assembler is almost done, I may start that soon.
    I have plans to make a new arrow model. Just haven't gotten to it yet. The Nano Bow is theoretically shooting energy, it just doesn't look like it ATM. I did consider a Quantum Bow at one point, but the point of the Nano Bow was to match the Nano Saber and give a cheap electric ranged weapon, so unless I add a Quantum Saber too (which could be a possibility at some point) I'm just gonna stick with the Nano Bow for now.

Glad you're enjoying the mod :D

Still, night vision goggles won't prevent players from aggroing an Enderman by staring at him. Currently, I can fix vision by Ender Pouch with crapton of potions, but anti-sight-aggro upgrade will be more convenient than a vision-obscuring pumpkin.
    Speed buff on leggings will be weaker then quantum sprint, but still useful due to increased backward movement speed, for example when you want to kite an army of zombies. If implemented, splitting it into two diffrent upgrades (one for 0 -> I, another for I -> II) might be good idea to make quantum leggings better choice than speed modules, that could be made expensive and pretty inefficient.

Okay, a few more suggestions:
    - "Vision Modulator" - helmet upgrade module, allows to switch Night Eye effect for EU/t, passively: looking at Endermen won't provoke them (like pumpkin).
    - some kind of leggings upgrade, maybe "switchable Speed II buff for EU",
    - Cloaking Module - to make it not remove player's armor, so other abilities are still usable and energy bars are visible.
    - being able to craft Exosuit with Greg's Cloaking Device as equivalent of Cloaking Module + 10 Mk II ESUs.
    - if people are freaking out because Nano Bow doesn't need arrows, make it need them and create new Quantum Bow, that will shoot with just energy. New arrow model would be nice.

This addon turns out to be pretty awesome.

I have experienced that too. Also, flight cost could be made configurable.

And two more bugs I found:
    - armor parts with high max capacity and low current EU sometimes get negative damage value and randomly disappear from inventory.
    - applying an upgrade resets EU charge of an item back to its original max capacity. (Will probably be fixed/removed with addition of Armor Assembler)

EDIT: Overclockers Mk II pls. Because applying 30 stacks of overclockers is dumb (crafting them too).

New version crashes my server on startup:

Singleplayer works "fine", but:
    - storage upgrades seem to have no effect (NEI shows second EU tooltip info, but it doesn't increase with the first, and armor doesn't charge more then original capacity allowed)
    - overclockers seem to have no effect (charge time is more or less the same as without them, tested with about 64 overclockers)
    - applying too many overclockers (100?) crashes the game, with:

Also, is there a cap on how many ESUs and overclockers can be applied?

The cloaking Module wont work foe me, tried pressing ` with no effect, then re-bound it to F and tried again with no effect ( using 3rd person to check)

tested with ultimate nano and ultimate quantum suits with cloak upgrade applied,

FML Log (that may or may not be of use) http://pastebin.com/uAiDnBYP

After a while of mashing random buttons I discovered that cloaking module is activated by pressing M+` (on default config for both IC and this addon).
    By the way, activating lightning by Leftclick+F seems a bit weird to use. I think Sneak+` for cloak and Ctrl+` for lightning will be better.

I think 200/250/256 cap could be reasonable, BUT with every +1EU/t costing more upgrades, like 1 for 1-100, 2 for 101-200, 3 (or 4) for 201-256. This way you can create very powerful energy self-sustain that requiers crapload of resources, increasing when your helmet gets "too advanced and complicated". If it's too hard to code, make it possible to adjust max value in a config file. Or create diffrent tier upgrades that can be only applied to helmets with certain EU/t value.

And another bug: Placing ExoHelmet and multiple upgrades then clicking on the result helmet will apply all the upgrades shift-clicking eats them with no effect (at least not in tooltim).

Using the Discharge Module on my multiplayer server crashes it. Tested like, three times in a row (happened every time).
    Error code from the server console:

Also, could you increase the limit of max solar helmet output and max chestplate EU capacity (and decrease charge time)?