[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

• Just released v1.13!

Changelog: (It's a big one)

First, some bug fixes:
    -Fixed instant death when a QuantumSuit or NanoSuit with max energy tried to absorb damage
    -Fixed QuantumSuit Bodyarmors not extinguishing fire on the player
    -Fixed negative damage values on items with really high EU values
    -Fixed many upgrades (particularly the Discharge) ignoring the upgraded charge of an item
    -Fixed EU currently in items not transferring properly to items with increased charge

And some cool new features/quick changes:
    -Jetpacks with the Flight Turbine installed now act like normal jetpacks when flight mode is disabled.
    -Changed the Nano Bow's recipe to require Fibre Glass cable instead of HV Cable
    -Added a config option to disable the crafting of Energy Mk2 and Mk3
    -Added a config option to disable use of Overclockers and Energy Mk1 (I prefer to just disable crafting, so server Admins can still spawn/use them, but I didn't want to mess with IC2's recipes)
    -Added a config option to change the maximum EU that an upgraded armor can have
    -Added a config option to change the maximum Transfer Limit that an upgraded armor can have

And the big addition:
    -Added the Armor Assembler, an awesome new way to combine and upgrade the Armors
    -Changed all recipes to be in the Armor Assembler
    -Removed the triple recipes (IE, jetpack + lappack + quantumsuit) due to the Armor Assembler only having 2 input slots
    -Changed the tier upgrade recipes (IE, NanoBatpack in the Lappack recipe) due to the Armor Assembler only having 2 input slots
    -Added Drill and Drill Bit, currently only used for the crafting of the Armor Assembler
    -Hopefully made everything less OP. NOTE: The times are still flexible. I felt that they were pretty good, but I may change them in the future based on feedback.

NOTE: This requires IC2 v1.115.208-lf or later. This comes with the latest versions of most FTB Packs or can be downloaded here.

Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

• Is there a clear guide on how to use the Armor Assembler? There seems no clear explanation on the wiki or the forums.

Not at the moment, I'll add one soon.
    Basically, it uses the same recipes as before, just in the armor assembler instead of a crafting table. For example, to create a LapiJetpack, you combine either
    (a) An ExoLappack and a Jetpack
    (b) An ExoJetpack and a Lappack
    or (c) A BatJetpack and a Lappack

To apply upgrades, you just put in the item you wish to upgrade and the upgrades.
    I made it so that it doesn't matter which item goes in which slot.

There is information on the wiki about how the time/eu costs are calculated.
    I'll add a formal detailed information page sometime soon, but for now, just let me know if there's anything else you don't understand.

• The Ultimate Quantum Armor seemed to stopped charging other armor pieces. Also when I place an armor and a upgrade in the armor assembler and charged it with EU. It just stands there without any updates or do anything.

• The Ultimate Quantum Armor seemed to stopped charging other armor pieces. Also when I place an armor and a upgrade in the armor assembler and charged it with EU. It just stands there without any updates or do anything.

The Ultimate Quantum Armor never charged your other armor pieces, only tools you're using.

As for that second part, UPDATE IC2!!!!! If you do not have version 1.115.208 or later, nothing will happen when you put something in the machine!!!!!

-Jetpacks with the Flight Turbine installed now act like normal jetpacks when flight mode is disabled.

Is it possible to get an config option for that? i really like the Turbine / steady flight mode, but hate the jetpack hover/flying style.

• Is it possible to get an config option for that? i really like the Turbine / steady flight mode, but hate the jetpack hover/flying style.

It is, but since it would be a server side config option, it would probably just be better to add another mode to the jetpack. In the next version, I'll make it so when flight mode is off, you can press jump + Ic2 mode switch to swap between jetpack Hover, Normal, and Off, and then when flight mode is on, it flies like normal.

• The Ultimate Quantum Armor never charged your other armor pieces, only tools you're using.

As for that second part, UPDATE IC2!!!!! If you do not have version 1.115.208 or later, nothing will happen when you put something in the machine!!!!!

If that the case then the quantum solar helmet is only charging the suit only. If that was intended and I just didn't notice.... then I might have used the EU of my armor very efficiently for the last few month...

It is, but since it would be a server side config option, it would
    probably just be better to add another mode to the jetpack. In the next
    version, I'll make it so when flight mode is off, you can press jump +
    Ic2 mode switch to swap between jetpack Hover, Normal, and Off, and then
    when flight mode is on, it flies like normal.

Sounds good! Running it on a server btw :)

• If that the case then the quantum solar helmet is only charging the suit only. If that was intended and I just didn't notice.... then I might have used the EU of my armor very efficiently for the last few month...

Next time you report a bug, you can leave out the sarcasm and make sure you describe the bug properly, otherwise I will have absolutely no idea what you mean.
    And also, before you try and make it seem like I'm an idiot, consider the fact that you somehow missed the capitalized sentence in three places that told you to update your IC2.

That aside, I'll fix that in the next version.

• Awesome :)
    If I were you I would hitup one of the other mod authers that have NEI functionality, they may be able to help you.

Also you need a donate button

Edit: Well that's shitty, my internet crapped itself as i went to post my edit :|

Anyhow why not add overclocker ability to your assembly table, thus allowing users to chew large amounts of EU to make your assembly go faster.

1M EU and 1Hour

vs

~582M EU and ~9Mins

Seems like a fair trade-off to me ^^ (Was just using 1M and 1H as guesstimate starting points)

Edit2: This isnt using quite the same formula for increasing speed as IC2 uses, instead it is using a

T / S = X

Where
    T= Time
    S= Speed
    X= Time after Speed multiplier

So 50% faster would be 150% or 1.5 in that calculation

1. 60 / 1.5 = 40
    2. 60 / 2.0 = 30
    3. 60 / 2.5 = 24
    4. 60 / 3.0 = 20
    5. 60 / 3.5 = 17.14285714285714
    6. 60 / 4.0 = 15
    7. 60 / 4.5 = 13.33333333333333

You get the idea.

Giving what looks like a diminishing return on assembly.
    Keeping the default IC2 Power increase per overclocker will also keep balance in check.

Like in my previous edit with a 1M starting cost the cost after 12 overclockers would be 582M EU in 9Mins
    working out at ~53,888EU/t

If the base cost of a combining is 100,000EU then 12 overclockers will result in 5.388EU/t (Probably good for vanilla IC2 players) the 1M EU starting point for those with GT installed. (Or the ability to change the base cost of a combine would be handy that way everyone can tailor it to their needs)

• I also have plans to make the machine overclock-able, but it will be with my own more powerful and more expensive overclocker-type upgrade.

As for the donate button, I'll add one later today.
    Edit: Added.

Thanks for all the support :D

Edited once, last by UnixRano ().

• Could you post a link to version 1.115.208, I'm having trouble finding it, I found the open beta for 1.4.7 In the support forum but it shows version 1.115.207.

I'm new and I'm sure I must be just missing it somewhere.

• Could you post a link to version 1.115.208, I'm having trouble finding it, I found the open beta for 1.4.7 In the support forum but it shows version 1.115.207.

I'm new and I'm sure I must be just missing it somewhere.

It's not anywhere on the IC2 forums as far as i can tell, but you can always download the latest version from http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/.
    Just make sure to get v1.115.222 or earlier, there seems to be a bug with .223 and later that I will fix later tonight or tomorrow..

• I'm not sure if I'm just stupid or something but the IC2CA Upgrades key doesn't work for me. I have changed key binding several times, but to no avail. Is there a simple answer to this problem or is it a bug? Anyway, great mod! Keep up the good work! :)

• I'm not sure if I'm just stupid or something but the IC2CA Upgrades key doesn't work for me. I have changed key binding several times, but to no avail. Is there a simple answer to this problem or is it a bug? Anyway, great mod! Keep up the good work! :)

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that. It works fine for me.
    Make sure that it doesn't conflict with any other keybindings, I'm think MC disables them or something like that when they conflict.
    What forge/ic2 are you using?

• I'm not completely sure...I am incorporating it into FTB using the Direwolf20 modpack.

Well that's even stranger, considering that's exactly what I'm doing too...
    Have you added any other mods besides IC2CA to the Direpack? Maybe IC2CA is incompatible with one of them?