[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

• I've run into an odd bug. When I right click on a Modular Force Field System projector while wearing the Solar QuantumSuit Helmet (item ID 30770:25, non-upgraded), the MFFS GUI shows up for a half of a second, and then I crash to desktop with this error.

• I have a strange bug.. XD.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5633419/ <-- IC2 v1.115 installed but getting the crash NoClassDef Found :(

Update to IC2CA v1.13 and a half. I released it with incomplete features specifically to fix that error.

I know this is an addon for Ic2 but this mod was also originally made for the annoyance of changing armors so I suggest you add the ability to combine helmets/solar helmets with thaumcraft goggles of revealing since without them you can't see thaumcraft items but they provide very little protection.

I like that idea, I'll look into it.
    Can't promise anything for a while though, I've started 1.5 update and there's no going back :P.

I've run into an odd bug. When I right click on a Modular Force Field System projector while wearing the Solar QuantumSuit Helmet (item ID 30770:25, non-upgraded), the MFFS GUI shows up for a half of a second, and then I crash to desktop with this error.

From the stacktrace, that looks like its more of immibis' fault than mine, but I'll investigate either way.

Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

• I just had another idea I forgot to mention you should add an upgrade for night vision for guantuim helmets and also make an upgrade to get a little bit of eu during the night (from the reflected light of the moon). For balance purposes this would be capped at a max eu generation of 500 eu and it would only work if it has a direct contact to the sky (so it wouldn't work in caves).

• When you say 'use the same recipe as the normal solar upgrade, but with gold or fibre glass cable', I assume you're talking about the solar production upgrade? If so, using the same recipe (6 refined iron, one solar panel) and replacing the copper cable with glass fibre doesn't do anything. I assume I'm missing something...how do we craft better solar upgrades?

• When you say 'use the same recipe as the normal solar upgrade, but with gold or fibre glass cable', I assume you're talking about the solar production upgrade? If so, using the same recipe (6 refined iron, one solar panel) and replacing the copper cable with glass fibre doesn't do anything. I assume I'm missing something...how do we craft better solar upgrades?

Its for use with compact solars. You replace the normal solar with the solar array you would like to use, and then the cable with either gold or glass fibre if its an MV or HV.

• I just had another idea I forgot to mention you should add an upgrade for night vision for guantuim helmets and also make an upgrade to get a little bit of eu during the night (from the reflected light of the moon). For balance purposes this would be capped at a max eu generation of 500 eu and it would only work if it has a direct contact to the sky (so it wouldn't work in caves).

So what do you think?

Did this discussion die? :(

Ok!

• So what do you think?

First part- I'm not going to make a night vision upgrade. When IC2 releases their night vision goggles, it'll be a new combo armor.
    Second part- I feel that solar panels are ridiculously overpowered as it is, and I'd rather not do that.

• Official Post

First part- I'm not going to make a night vision upgrade. When IC2 releases their night vision goggles, it'll be a new combo armor.
    Second part- I feel that solar panels are ridiculously overpowered as it is, and I'd rather not do that.

IC² nightvision is already implemented, it just lacks a recipe and a sprite.
    You maybe can add your own and use its code as base.
    Instead of solar panels, how about improving static boots to generate 5 EU per block ?

• Instead of solar panels, how about improving static boots to generate 5 EU per block ?

Yup, so they wouldn't be useless anymore ^^
    Even 5Eu/block is not that much (25 time more though ^^): it would mean recharging 10% of your batpack would take ... 12 000 walking lol

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• IC² nightvision is already implemented, it just lacks a recipe and a sprite.
    You maybe can add your own and use its code as base.
    Instead of solar panels, how about improving static boots to generate 5 EU per block ?

Like I said, I'm waiting for them to release their night vision goggles. I'm aware they're fully functional.You can increase the amount of EU the boots generate with upgrades already. I agree with the IC2 guys that the static boots should be weak, considering how easy they are to make. It's not supposed to be any remotely substantial power source; it's just a bit of extra free energy for walking around.

• I agree with the IC2 guys that the static boots should be weak, considering how easy they are to make. It's not supposed to be any remotely substantial power source; it's just a bit of extra free energy for walking around.

Yeah but ... walking 1000 block to mine 1 block more, do you think it worth it ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Found a slight bug, discharging when using ulti nano armour says it uses 100000EU but actually only uses 100

• What Is the max eu solar or static upgrades can generate?
    Will Quantum combos like the Solar QuantumSuit Helmet still keep the effects for example will the Solar QuantumSuit Helmet still protect you from harmful potion effects like the QuantumSuit Helmet does?