[Suggestion] Nano saber tweak.

• Problem:
    After upgrading to a nano saber I find myself more vulnerable to larger groups of mobs. (Mostly skeleton archers)

Tweak:
    Part A: Allow the nano saber to block like vanilla swords.

PartB: Due to right click being used for activation and deactivation currently I propse a button change.
    I would suggest "Shift+Right click" for activation/deactivation similar to the electric wrench.

Notes:
    Do to the nano saber being a carry over from IC1, which was before the sword blocking feature, I beleve that it has merely been overlooked.

If this is intended as a balancing factor for the increased power and durability over vanilla tools my apology.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

I don't know if it is either intended or not, but here is my opinion :
    If saber damage hasn't been nerfed (10 hearts of damage ?) it still works wonders, even for large amounts of mobs as you can 1-hit most of them except zombies. Also at the point when you have a saber usually you have a nano armor or at least part of it. I would like if you were able to block somehow but, how do you block projectiles and such with an energy sword?

• The nano-saber didn't exist in IC1, IIRC. But the first version of IC2 was for beta 1.7.3, so that might be the reason it can not block. And BTW, YOU ACTUALLY USE THE BLOCKING??? Maybe i need to start using it too, but i seem to do quite nice without it.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• The nano-saber didn't exist in IC1, IIRC. But the first version of IC2 was for beta 1.7.3, so that might be the reason it can not block. And BTW, YOU ACTUALLY USE THE BLOCKING??? Maybe i need to start using it too, but i seem to do quite nice without it.

Screw blocking, I have QuantumSuit.

• I don't know if it is either intended or not, but here is my opinion :
    If saber damage hasn't been nerfed (10 hearts of damage ?) it still works wonders, even for large amounts of mobs as you can 1-hit most of them except zombies. Also at the point when you have a saber usually you have a nano armor or at least part of it. I would like if you were able to block somehow but, how do you block projectiles and such with an energy sword?

I agree that it is a very effective weapon, even with nano i still seem to be swarmed by mobs. maybe there is an increased number of them on the server i play? might have to check into that.

Blocking with energy sword? ask george lucas.

The nano-saber didn't exist in IC1, IIRC. But the first version of IC2 was for beta 1.7.3, so that might be the reason it can not block. And BTW, YOU ACTUALLY USE THE BLOCKING??? Maybe i need to start using it too, but i seem to do quite nice without it.
    Screw blocking, I have QuantumSuit.

Just because YOU have something doesn't mean everyone else does. you obviously charge to late game where as i prefer to expand outwards before climbing the tech tree.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"