Geothermal Generator

• Hello and thank you for checking out my thread.

I'm trying to power a generator with an Industrial Craft pump that has pipes leading down to a lava pool.
    1. Is this possible?
    2. a] If so, can you help me accomplish it?
    2. b] If not, what is a good alternative to power a generator that has a compressor and two macerators taking energy from it. Coal is getting expensive.

Thanks so much for reading this far. This is for you --->

• Official Post
    • 1. It is possible, IF you use the miner to pump lava from deep below. The pump doesn't do that by itself.
    • 2a. Simple, first get a Miner set up. Place a pump right next to it and then place a Geothermal right next to that. I'm not sure if you have to place an empty cell somewhere in the pump or the geothermal in order to let it work.
    • 2b.Watermills, Windmills and solar panels if you want it place-and-forget like. BUT you can also generate electricity using a cobblegen:

A cobblegen feeds a recycler, which produces scrap. The scrap can be burned inside a generator to generate 850-870 EU each, which then can power a recycler. You'll generate a bit more than enough power than required for the recycler to run. But this can be quite big and laggy for such a small amount of EU.

And your last option is Nuclear.

• A cobblegen feeds a recycler, which produces scrap. The scrap can be burned inside a generator to generate 850-870 EU each, which then can power a recycler. You'll generate a bit more than enough power than required for the recycler to run. But this can be quite big and laggy for such a small amount of EU.

Don't do that xD. It's extremly laggy for what it generate ^^. If you don't think they're OP/playing Gregtech (if you're you've tons of other means to get EU), better prefer Greens gens.
    Also, I assume you use IC² pump because you haven't BC installed ? If you've BC installed, just use BC Pumps + pipes instead, it's easier to deals with, allow Liquid Transportation and storage.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Don't do that xD. It's extremly laggy for what it generate . If you don't think they're OP/playing Gregtech (if you're you've tons of other means to get EU), better prefer Greens gens.

The non-laggy versions include an Emerald Pipe, an Autarchic Gate, and an Igneous Extruder. For about 2*2 blocks in size, you can generate tons of EU...

:Compressor::Generator:
    :Recycler::Mining Pipe

:Compressor: = Igneous Extruder
    :Mining Pipe = Emerald + Gate

a.k.a The 'Scrap Battery'... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Edited once, last by MagusUnion ().

• Official Post

Don't do that xD. It's extremly laggy for what it generate ^^. If you don't think they're OP/playing Gregtech (if you're you've tons of other means to get EU), better prefer Greens gens.
    Also, I assume you use IC² pump because you haven't BC installed ? If you've BC installed, just use BC Pumps + pipes instead, it's easier to deals with, allow Liquid Transportation and storage.

Already mentioned that :/ I wouldn't do it either because of size and output.