[Solved] API Questions.

• Ok two things, I'm grouping them together for ease.
    First the download link to the API for the latest version is broken or I'm missing something.
    Second how do I use the API (Do I just place it in the MCP then decompile with the Forge decompiler?)
    Thanks for any help, sorry if this is the wrong place it was the only place that seamed logical for this.

• API download link, latest version [MC 1.4.7] Open Beta v1.115

1. Place contents of .zip into folder on desktop
    2. (I'm assuming you're using Eclipse) Navigate to where you would make a new class, but click new folder
    3. Click advanced
    4. Click bottom option, "Link to alternate location"
    5. Browse to, and select your IC2 API folder on desktop
    6. Click finish
    7. Locate your new folder on the left side in the package explorer
    8. Right click the folder
    9. Select Build Path, and Use as Source Folder.
    10. Eclipse might give some errors with like all the files, but it should work, and if not, create an ic2.api package and move the files there.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I've only done this once or twice, but hover over the source of the error at the top of the files where it should say package ic2.api and click move to package "ic2.api". That should solve the problem with the packages.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Just decompile ic2

I don't see what that gains you when you can just download the API...

• API does not contain information about how exactly mod is implemented, if you want to learn something you shoud not ever look at API.

but i strongly advice to check something easy to for begining, like buildcraft (it open source)