I have been modifying DocuCraft texture pack for a while now and noticed what might be a bug.
The colors of certain blocks in Minecraft with Optifine are controlled by colormaps depending on the biome these blocks reside in.
Ore block colors are controlled by stonecolor.png and can be registered in texturepacks in color.properties file.
Here is an extract from it that is supposed to apply stone colormap to vanilla ores and ones generated by Redpower and IC2:
Where, according to NEI dump, 242 is a block holding all RP ores, 688 is Monazit Ore from MFFS IC2 addon and 4093-4095 are ores generated by IC2.
RP blocks seem to work fine, however while minecraft tries to apply these settings to IC2 ores, the following errors appear:
- Loading custom colors: /misc/stonecolor.png
- Invalid block index: 688 in palette: palette.block./misc/stonecolor.png
- Invalid block index: 4093 in palette: palette.block./misc/stonecolor.png
- Invalid block index: 4094 in palette: palette.block./misc/stonecolor.png
- Invalid block index: 4095 in palette: palette.block./misc/stonecolor.png
Obviously all ores related to IC2 are only registered _after_ this part, so colormaps do not apply to them (see attached screenshot).
Since RP does not have these problems, there must be some way to register blocks prior to colormap registering.
So my question is if there is a way to solve it (in case my setup is wrong) or include a fix in future updates (in case this is a bug)?
P.S. Of course this can be "fixed" by either disabling custom colors or removing the config line completely, however, such radical measures
don't seem to be a reasonable solution.