RichardG, that's not good enough.

• (inb4 GreenWolf world destruction rant)

Oh no, my feelings. They've been devastated!

I honestly don't care what some asshole like you thinks about me. In fact, I'd be worried if people like you started liking me, because that would mean I'm doing something horribly wrong, like attacking the end user.

• So no, you're a forum gadfly who thinks his fanboyism elevates himself. You're nobody.

Oh hey! I just got a nickle!

The odds of you completing something I feel the desire to install doesn't keep me up at night.?

*shrug* Ok...

Um, yes, of course. Of course having my players randomly be told that I don't have IC2 permissions, when I do, disturbs me. Of course my ability to play IC2 being turned on and off like a lightswitch at the fickle whims of some guy hinders my ability to trust IC2 as a mod. Yes, if I can't get some very serious answers from RichardG I'm going to be installing illicit coremods or removing IC2 entirely. Obviously. I don't want to resort to those things, though, that's why I'm here.

Well, if you put your pack thru Feed the Beast, you probably won't have that issue. I mean, come on, Feed the Beast supports custom modpacks. Why not just use that?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Well, if you put your pack thru Feed the Beast, you probably won't have that issue. I mean, come on, Feed the Beast supports custom modpacks. Why not just use that?

1. "We are not accepting custom packs at this time."
    2. If the only way I can be assured that the IC2 team will honor its own license is to distribute my modpack through their favored launcher, then it sounds like the IC2 team is lying about their license. Stop bringing this weak shit in here, IC2 has a responsibility to either live up to their own permissions policy or change it to something they can live up to. And when a huge breakdown like this occurs, those affected have a right to know what happened, what's getting fixed, that those responsible know how serious it is, and I have a right to some sort of guarantee that it won't happen again.

IC2 has a responsibility

Uh, no, they don't...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Uh, no, they don't...

What the hell do you think a license is? This community tries to put their random licenses on the same level as stuff like open source licenses. A license is an agreement between creator and downloader. Both of us have responsibilities. I have a responsibility to link and give appropriate credit, they have a responsibility to ensure the permissions the license promises stays intact.

I have a responsibility to link and give appropriate credit, they have a responsibility to ensure the permissions the license promises stays intact.

Well, yeah... and he fixed that... so why are we still here?

• Well, yeah... and he fixed that... so why are we still here?

when a huge breakdown like this occurs, those affected have a right to know what happened, what's getting fixed, that those responsible know how serious it is, and I have a right to some sort of guarantee that it won't happen again.

Look, I know that relentlessly defending even the dumbest bullshit is how you feel like you're a part of the IC2 dev team, but the feigned ignorance and intellectual dishonesty here is getting out of control.