Fallout

• Official Post

When nukes go off, they should release a ton of Dark Grey Particles that after about a minute settle on the ground and become Little Piles of Radioactive Fallout. If you go near it you get Radiation Poisoning, unless of course you are wearing your Hazmat Suit complete with Compressed Air tanks ^^
    After a few Minecraft days the Piles should turn into Piles of dust which dont harm you. Radioactive Fallout should be able to be Picked up with a Shovel, giving you Radioactive Dust, which you can Centrafuge (If you have GT Installed) into little bits of Uranium/Plutonium. Dust Piles should be able to be picked up and they can be used in place of Scrap in the Fertiliser Recipe.

Also, talking of Fertiliser, IC2 Fertiliser should be able to be used in Forestry Multifarms (but for less as its a little cheaper), providing an actually possible fully automated Farm.

• Also, talking of Fertiliser, IC2 Fertiliser should be able to be used in Forestry Multifarms (but for less as its a little cheaper), providing an actually possible fully automated Farm.

I guess the fact it's not fully automatable for now is INTENDED. So I hope that won't be done a day ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I guess the fact it's not fully automatable for now is INTENDED. So I hope that won't be done a day ^^

But it would require a fair bit of Machinery, and you could make like 20 Fertiliser per Forestry Fertiliser.

• No joke about will not use them. I have basically quit forestry because of the multi block farms.

... To me it's quite better, I just accepted playing with Forestry since Multi Blocks farms. It was way too OP before.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

... To me it's quite better, I just accepted playing with Forestry since Multi Blocks farms. It was way too OP before.

Its Certainly more Balanced and much much Cooler, but i would still like to be able to Automate it, even if very Expensive.

• Maybe you should just change the topic to Fertilizer and Forestry discussion :D .

I am, and always be a supporter of fallout with IC2 nukes. Radioactivity is one of the main reason why people dont like to build nuclear reactors in real life, but in IC2, its irrelevant. That needs to change.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Official Post

Maybe you should just change the topic to Fertilizer and Forestry discussion :D .

I am, and always be a supporter of fallout with IC2 nukes. Radioactivity is one of the main reason why people dont like to build nuclear reactors in real life, but in IC2, its irrelevant. That needs to change.

Radioactivity? WHAAA?
    Anyone who thinks Reactors output a ton of Radiation into the Envirement needs to learn what "Coal" is

• Radioactivity? WHAAA?
    Anyone who thinks Reactors output a ton of Radiation into the Envirement needs to learn what "Coal" is

Yup, and btw, Nuclear Reactors are responsible of about 5% of the radiation level 5 km around ... which is nothing when you think that it can naturally vary of 50% of the average radiation level to 150%. (Mostly depending on the ground)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

@bove Everybody here knows, its allready denied for IC2.
    @Mat, Sirus Reactors need, for example, water as cooling. And don't tell me that tbe water isn't radiated.

Heavy water is stable, the only radioactivity is from trace amounts of Tritium and thats the same for normal water.

• Official Post

@bove The Stastics gonna tell you that I am right.

What Statistics?
    Where?
    Its a common misconception that Nuclear power plants emit much Radiation, any spare Neutrons that make its way into the Water that is being heated into steam just turns it into Heavy water. Sure, there may be a little extra tritium then normal water but not much, still need to drink like 10 Pints of the stuff over a year for it to kill you of Radiation poisoning

• Official Post

@bove In areas around reactors, more children are born dead/with one leg/ill/... than in normal areas. That statistic.

Where exactly do you get these Statistics? You have stated something then provided no proof.
    Heck, Sleeping next to someone for a day is about half as much radiation as living 50 KM from a Nuclear Reactor... for a year.

• I think your link is good enough Sirus :) (I laughed to the "unless it's a banana phone" ^^)

Btw Sinnaj, I guess you're thinking Nuclear Reactor are slightly dangerous, because of Heavy Water. The point is, that heavy water is (supposed to be, without issues ^^) contained in a CLOSED tank, it's just used to transmit the heat to the second water circuit, but also as a moderator. (and, I guess also because it ower Neutron speed, and so increase the rate of fission/emitted neutrons). And the water from the second circuit is clearly not radioactive. Maybe about 10% more than natural water ... but if you looked at the link, you have seen than area like the Colorado Plateau or Brittany (yes, I know, I'm one of the only there knowing Brittany, because it's in France but ... ) is naturally more than 100% above the average. So 10% is nothing. DO NOT CRITICIZE NUCLEAR ENERGY, IT'S THE FUTURE!

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I think your link is good enough Sirus :) (I laughed to the "unless it's a banana phone" ^^)

Btw Sinnaj, I guess you're thinking Nuclear Reactor are slightly dangerous, because of Heavy Water. The point is, that heavy water is (supposed to be, without issues ^^) contained in a CLOSED tank, it's just used to transmit the heat to the second water circuit, but also as a moderator. (and, I guess also because it ower Neutron speed, and so increase the rate of fission/emitted neutrons). And the water from the second circuit is clearly not radioactive. Maybe about 10% more than natural water ... but if you looked at the link, you have seen than area like the Colorado Plateau or Brittany (yes, I know, I'm one of the only there knowing Brittany, because it's in France but ... ) is naturally more than 100% above the average. So 10% is nothing. DO NOT CRITICIZE NUCLEAR ENERGY, IT'S THE FUTURE!

Well, untill Efficient Fusion reactors and Antimatter mining.