[ADDON] [1.7.2] CompactWindmills

• Official Post

What version of CompactWindmills are you playing with?
    I have the same problem in smp but only in the latest DEV build. I'm already working on a fix.

• Official Post

A polishment :
    Allow the windmills to use GregTech turbine blades, for respective efficiency it shows, with duration = durability of rotor * 10 seconds

Configs :

UseIC2Energyformula : true/false
    #Use the IC² formula (wind strength, weather, etc) or not for energy generation

RequireRotors : true/false
    #Requirement of rotors to make a windmill generate energy. If set to false, rotors are purely aesthetical.

RequireMaintenance : true/false
    #Will cause rotors to take damage over time, requiring player maintenance. If RequireRotors is false, this is ignored.

"Insertrecipethinghere" : true/false
    # "change between possible recipe sets"

The mod has been developed to something very nice so far, those rotors 3D rendering looks awesome.
    Good Job for the nice mod.

• Official Post

Hmm...
    I still have other things to do before that. (Remember, i said something like BC power output...?)
    But let me think about it. I will maybe start coding in a week or so I think I did enough coding during #ModJam

Thanks, for giving me ideas.
    1rst thing: I'm not that good at making recipes, so if you want to have a config option, please give me the recipes, not only "Hey, can you make new recipes".
    2nd thing: I never did anything with GregTech (not even play with it), so I probably won't be able to do anything to do with GregTech in CompactWindmills.
    3rd thing: The require maintenance option will never be there, because if people have to use rotors, I want the rotors to be like I made them.

Still thank you. I will definitely change something, but not right now, maybe somewhen in future.
    I'm still working on the mod. I didn't stop doing stuff with it, just because there is no new version.

• I installed this add on and ill have 2 problems.

The first on is that i cant build the first windmill version(with LV). When i click on it, it gets highlighted and minecraft count down the ressources in the table. But then minecraft add the ressources and nothing happens.

The second one is when i give the windmills to my character( /give Dracul 2790 64 1 or 2 or 3 or 4) the system crashes. When i enter the game after that and i wanne open my bag with e it crashes again. The server dont crash, only the client.

Ill attach an crash report of minecraft.

• Official Post

The second one is when i give the windmills to my character( /give Dracul 2790 64 1 or 2 or 3 or 4) the system crashes. When i enter the game after that and i wanne open my bag with e it crashes again.

That is, because you have a Windmill in your inventory with the damage value 5 but the windmill with the damage value 5 doesn't exist. Remember The windmills are damage values 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. There is none with 5.

And I did not completely understand what your first problem is.
    Could you please also write, what minecraft, ic2 and CompactWindmills version you use? And what config options you enabled/disabled there, because I assume that is a confi issue.
    AND MOST IMPORTANT: To help you, I need the whole crash-log file!

• My first Problem-> Video as Attachment. I wanna craft the item, für a second i get it, and then the item disappears.

My second Problem, after i deleted als items with the id 2790, my client dont crash anymore. Thx :)

My version: CompactWindmills+v.1.0.1.3

My Config:

• The ideas are:
    1)
    Hydroelectric engine
    Crafting
    :Water Mill::Advanced Circuit::Water Mill:
    R N R
    :Water Mill::Advanced Circuit::Water Mill:
    where
    R is a rotor
    N is nothing
    How it works
    Imagine such a construction:
    S
    F
    F
    F
    F H
    (S - Source water block, H - engine, F - flowing water).
    The engine here produces 4 EU/t since the height of the waterfall is 4.
    The Hydroelectric engine can't be forced in producing more than 5 EU/t (to fit in ULV range and also prevent them from being OP). If this happens, the engine will explode.

2)
    Compact WaterMill engines
    The compact engines will not use flowing water. Instead, water will be sent to the engines via pumps.
    Important information
    When water is being carried with a fully loaded Gold Waterproof Pipe I'll say that the rate is 1 WU (Water Unit)/t (I don't remember how much is this in millibuckets).
    Also, the water is supplied not to the engine itself but to the Stationary Rotor located directly below the engine. The crafting recipe is:
    R N R
    N M N
    R N R
    where R is a rotor, M is an advanced machine block, N is nothing
    Devices
    The 1st device is the ULV WaterMill engine. It accepts 1 WU/t and outputs 4 EU/t.
    The 2nd device is the LV WaterMill. It accepts 4 WU/t and outputs 32 EU/t.
    The MV WaterMill accepts 16 WU/t and outputs 128 EU/t; the HV one accepts 64 WU/t and outputs 512 EU/t.
    To make the 2 latter watermills accept so many WU/t a Water Compressor is used. It turns water into Compressed Water for a ratio of 16:1. It should be able to accept
    both pump input and manual one. Compressed water should have a navy colour.
    Crafting
    The ULV engine is shapeless crafted out of the Hydroelectric engine and backwards.
    The higher tier engines are crafted in such a way:
    N W N
    W T W
    N W N
    (where W is a lower-tier mill, T is a transformer upgrade).

P.S. If the author explicitly states his or her unwillingness to make such devices, I will create a thread in the Addon Request/Suggestion forum and move this entire post there.

• Watermills: NOOOPE. Such a system has alreadt been suggested for Vanilla IC2 when we were argueing about watermills rework, and is already kind of in a power-converter addon.

And this is EASY TO EXPLOIT, laggy and completly OP. Just ask SpwnX about what he did on CubCraft 1 before exploiting UE/EU conversions.

Compressing Water makes no sense, windmills were OP already but not as much as Windmills would be, and even a way so Windmills can store energy (ny pumping/using water into/from tanks) would be useless because IC2 energy units are lossless.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Compact watermills (UNMANNED ONLY) would work, given enough calculations.
    Pumping water into watermills makes even less sense than the unmanned mode.

For example :
    1 watermill calculates a 3x3x3 (25 blocks max due watermill and cable) outputting up to 0,25 EU/t
    "LV" (8 ) watermill would calculate a 7x5x7 (242 blocks max due watermill and cable) outputting up to 2,42 EU/t
    "MV" (64) watermill would calculate a 13x11x13 (1853 blocks max due watermill and cable) outputting up to 18,53 EU/t
    "HV" (512) watermill would calculate a 25x23x25 (14363 blocks max due watermill and cable) outputting up to 143,63 EU/t
    "EV" (4096) watermill would calculate a 49x47x49 (112823 blocks max due watermill and cable) outputting up to 1128,23 EU/t

Fancy rotors could be added.
    I know this is not realistic, but at least follows IC² "unmanned" aspect.

Real watermills would require a big dam + waterfalls + watermills with rotors on the end of waterfall to transform gravitational energy into kinetic and then into electrical.

• Pumping water into watermills makes even less sense than the unmanned mode.

I think it does make sense since source water blocks have no "energy stored" in them because the water's not flowing. Pumping water being under pressure in pipes (and so containing some kinetic energy) is IMHO quite enough for rotors to convert kinetic energy into electrical.

Real watermills would require a big dam + waterfalls + watermills with rotors on the end of waterfall to transform gravitational energy into kinetic and then into electrical.

Haven't I proposed this with my Hydroelectric Engine? If you should look in its concepts then you'll see that the setup for it to work contains a waterfall (made with 1-5 flowing water blocks) + watermill + integrated rotors (via the crafting recipe).

And this is EASY TO EXPLOIT, laggy and completly OP.

Maybe, but I reckon this is a good way to power secret underground bases.

• Official Post

I think it does make sense since source water blocks have no "energy stored" in them because the water's not flowing. Pumping water being under pressure in pipes (and so containing some kinetic energy) is IMHO quite enough for rotors to convert kinetic energy into electrical.

Not possible (without exploits) due limitation of laws of physics. You can't get more energy from pumping water than you used to pump that water in first place.