Diamond Chainsaw + Silk Touch

• I know that diamond chainsaw is suggested many times before, and Silk Touch tools too, but maybe this idea will be somewhat useful.

Basically: you may already seen like different peoples (masters) can use chainsaw to make a sculptures from ice and different other things. So we can have a diamond chainsaw that is just slightly better than a regular one, but it will gain Silk Touch when you have enough experience level (30 for example (configurable?)) (become a master) and will lose it if not. So when you become a "master" you can easily saw block's out of rocks.

That's all.

• Interesting.

Although I think the XP level being too low thing is really only applicable to GregTech, as there are no practical uses for Silk Touch other than higher capacity during mining, the special blocks (e.g. mushroom blocks) and glass (pane) dismantling.

EDIT: SpwnX, the special XP thing only applies to the Diamond Chainsaw.

• Although I think the XP level being too low thing is really only applicable to GregTech, as there are no practical uses for Silk Touch other than higher capacity during mining, the special blocks (e.g. mushroom blocks) and glass (pane) dismantling.

Not at all, there is still Fortune III. And explicitly for getting glass back there can be glass cutter and of course it's electric version which, for example, uses some kind of short laser. :)

• Quoted from "Epic Lulz"

Although I think the XP level being too low thing is really only applicable to GregTech, as there are no practical uses for Silk Touch other than higher capacity during mining, the special blocks (e.g. mushroom blocks) and glass (pane) dismantling.
    Not at all, there is still Fortune III. And explicitly for getting glass back there can be glass cutter and of course it's electric version which, for example, uses some kind of short laser.

I'm afraid I don't get you. Do you mean to say that the special 30 levels thing only applies to Diamond Chainsaw, or all electric tools?

• I'm afraid I don't get you. Do you mean to say that the special 30 levels thing only applies to Diamond Chainsaw, or all electric tools?

My version includes only Diamond Chainsaw. SpwnX offer to also include drills, but I think it is not good idea, because regular drill is still needed in parallel to Silk Touch tool.

• Official Post

My version includes only Diamond Chainsaw. SpwnX offer to also include drills, but I think it is not good idea, because regular drill is still needed in parallel to Silk Touch tool.

Well, IC² could implement at least GT jackhammer for that job. (stone mining)

By the way there is nothing that needs to not be mined without silk touch.

• Official Post

Well, IC² could implement at least GT jackhammer for that job. (stone mining)

By the way there is nothing that needs to not be mined without silk touch.

Err, Redstone ore, Diamond ore, ect.
    Although on a Chainsaw? Grass/Shroomgrass is all i can think of xD