Difference between Cooling Cells and Condensators

• Hi all,

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I couldn't really find anything. Consider this reactor. I know, I know, condensators aren't really worth it, but I used it as a test thinking I could replace them later on with cooling cells - switching nearly melted ones with fresh ones. (Also the design is far from perfect, but I wanted to make a model with the reflectors.)

Turns out, they aren't really the same thing.. I thought that they were a heat-sink. I interpreted the wiki article as them being the same, but different in the "fix-the-damage-value". (one needs to be recharged, the other cooled). But when you replace the condensators with coolant cells (and adjust the time limit thingy to before they melt) the other componends degrade (?) along with the cooling cell. (ingame too)

My question being: how do they work? A fixed amount of heat per tick?

• the diffrence is that the condensater take up all the heat they can get and have always 0 heat

cooling cells will heat up, other components can still take the heat out of them

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• A Cooling Cell will accept as much heat as offered to it, so far as I know. However, it doesn't dissipate that heat, it stores it. If there is something adjacent to it which can actively draw heat from a component, it will do so.

Therefore, a Cooling Cell next to a quad uranium cell will absorb all the heat that quad cell produces. However, if there is a golden heat exchange component adjacent to the cooling cell, it will take that heat and distribute it among everything it is touching.

This can produce 'hybrid CRCS' reactors, where you've got some in-reactor OC vents connected to the cooling cells via golden heat exchangers.

Just remember that not everything can actively draw heat from adjacent components. OC vents by themselves, for example, don't. So you can have an OC vent directly adjacent to a Cooling Cell and nothing will happen. But stick a heat exchanger between them, and Things Happen(tm).

• A Cooling Cell will accept as much heat as offered to it, so far as I know. However, it doesn't dissipate that heat, it stores it. If there is something adjacent to it which can actively draw heat from a component, it will do so.

Therefore, a Cooling Cell next to a quad uranium cell will absorb all the heat that quad cell produces. However, if there is a golden heat exchange component adjacent to the cooling cell, it will take that heat and distribute it among everything it is touching.

Ah, makes sense. Didn't think about the fact that the cooling cells will be 'cooled' too, since the exchangers try to evenly divide the heat. It makes sense now, thanks!