Future of IC2 ???

• Official Post

For now, experimental IC2 is a totally antithesis to the gregtech - with the same hammering ingots to plates, different metal powders output from a single ore, but with a lot more materials output, now 4 iron powders from single ore block, thanx to the therma centrifuge... It is like mod is trying to fight Gregorius influence, for the rights for separate existance) You are a true cultural invader, Greg, hehe....
    And in fact, future of IC2 is not in process of resourses gathering and processing, but in "fruits of labor", different intresting, tools, devices, weapons and armors, vehicles, possibilities.
    Nobody doing nothing about this....
    And enough about communism. The conception was used only at the early USSR, nearly in 1917-1921, about using "labor armies" - what led to the collosal life losses with miinimal efficiency output. All the "social experimentators" (surprisingly - the same, non-slavenian race!... well... you know...), responsible for the 1917 event is dead now. So the communism idea, i hope. So, enough)

Just a note that Greg is also working on it. IC and GT are getting closer than we ever expected.
    It seems that basic GT functions may be slowly replaced by IC.

As you said, what IC needs is something industrially cool to play with, like vehicles, planes, industrial weapons (i'm looking at you industrial conflict) and whatever fancy thing we may want, for the sake of fun, not utility.

• Just a note that Greg is also working on it. IC and GT are getting closer than we ever expected.
    It seems that basic GT functions may be slowly replaced by IC.

As you said, what IC needs is something industrially cool to play with, like vehicles, planes, industrial weapons (i'm looking at you industrial conflict) and whatever fancy thing we may want, for the sake of fun, not utility.

*coughflan'smodcough*

But seriously, ic2-style vehicles would be cool. Because, well, Flan's mod vehicles are just things with models that slide across the ground/float in the air.

• Oh yeah. IC2 has a lot of work to do catching up to all those new, fancier mods with their "good texturing" and "3d models".
    In all seriousness though, IC2 really does need stuff. Gregtech is good and all, but I sorta agree with RawCode in that it has had too much extreme Korea exposure. I find myself swamped in machines, unable to make neither heads nor tails of... anything. What I liked about IC2 was that it was original, intuitive, and fun. While someone who knew what they were doing could probably have fun with Gtech, I find that 90% of the time, it is just too hard and there are just too few things to do to warrant actually bothering with the machines. What IC2 really needs is toys. Cars! Planes! Missiles! Guns! All this would help bring IC2 back to life. And right now; we need it. WE WANT GUNS! WE WANT GUNS! WE WANT GUNS! AND ALSO CARS AND STUFF! Viva la revolution. Sit flamma bellis incipiam. Let the flame wars begin.

• experimental IC2 nearly doubled the amount of machines it has.

If you find GT too hard just look up some spotlight. It's far easier than you think. In fact it even nerfs a whole lot of things.