Can somebody help me to build a high output EU reactor ?

• Hello and thank you in advance to anyone that will post here to help me build a high output EU reactor.

So I was hoping someone to "guide" me in order to build that kind of reactor because I will use it in a server (mine of course) so I can distribuit the power (EU) throughout my friends so they can build other things. Now you will tell me to make them OP, but so much power ruind the previous map that I had (nuclear bombs are a bit too fun) and that was a bit of a problem. I used Reactor Planner v3 and the best, full cycle desighn, that I made was this : http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…rbrgnricwigbj3i9zrl4zpzpc ...
    Is there a way to make it even better ? If I need other mods please tell me also how to use them, because tutorials in Youtube are too clueless and I can't understant the usage of them, also they never mension what mods they use ... :cursing: As for long distanse distribuition I have traincraft :thumbup: . The server is 1.5.2.

• Well that was a bit harsh to a guy that never fully used the IC2 mod before. Nobody is good at the first try, you made your point across but, be a bit more polite in the future or at least try to make it look a bit more humorous so you won't hurt other peoples feelings. Other than that thanks for the help. I forgot to mension I was looking for something like this : Tower of Power: CRCS Edition! , but I can't determine what mod the guy is using.

• Why are you randomly throwing thorium cells in? If you want high output, just go all plutonium.

That said, good luck getting that design to work ingame. It'll end up as a crater after an hour or so, even if you somehow managed to procure enough lapis and plutonium to keep it running - which is highly unlikely: 72 plutonium and almost 4400 lapis per cycle, every cycle. But yeah, it won't make a full cycle anyways unless you rig it as a microcycle reactor on a redstone clock so it turns off while the condensators are being replaced.

Rule of the thumb: if you are making a design that involves condensators, there's a 95% chance that it only looks good on paper but either underperforms or outright explodes in actual gameplay (or both). Trying to make them happen is a mark of inexpeience with the running of reactors. As such, I recommend you go to the official reactor designs thread and look at the designs posted there (they may not have as high output, but for the price of your condensator reactor you can build 3-4 regular ones). Try to understand why they work as they do, and why they are considered good while condensator designs are not.

And then you should go ingame and make a test world and just try out designs. Plop down a gregtech computercube to make simulations, but also run actual test reactors. Grab thermometers from the NuclearControl addon and check if your stable-on-paper reactors are sneakily heating up the hull while you are not looking (like condensator designs are known to do). Look at the lifecycle of the different nuclear fuel cells that GregTech adds, which are produced out of what and what those recipes mean for supplying your reactor with cells.

• Thank you very much for the reply Omicron. Yeah, after a bit of search when I already post that design I learned that so much LZH will depleted all the lapis on the server before I even get to middle of the 3.000.000.000 EU the reactor planner said. So if I find a good reactor design and build 10-12 of them I thing I will have the same result. Also I already blow up the testing map with a spectacular crater :thumbup: with the last design I posted because I didn't know the LZH needs refill. Thanks in advance ...

• This design of Zombie's creation is a surprisingly effective beginning reactor. It's as safe as a reactor can be, takes up only one block, and produces just as much EU/t as five geothermal generators.
    There are, of course, more efficient, powerful, and expensive reactors out there- look at the sticky reactor designs thread that has already been linked.

Also, CRCS is a very advanced and expensive system that likes to turn production facilities into craters if you don't know PRECISELY what you're doing, and sometimes does so even if you do know what you're doing. If you're new to reactor design, I would recommend sticking to mark 1 designs.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.

• Thank you Someone Else 37 but the Mark I design doesn't produce enough power for quick restribution throught the server and some machines require up to 500 EU/t just to function. I prefer to go with a medium reactor of 6 chambers and build 10-12 of them. I already test it and is safe enough to say it won't blow up. As for the CRCS desigh, I want to know how to auto replace the cells and/or the coolants without the need to stop the reactor and replace 12 reactors, trust me is a tiring job which I was doing with the previous map before it turned to smitheries. Again thanks for the help.

• You may use applied energistic for that job but don't forget to put some not needed vent to cool down the heat appearig during the Coolants swapping.
    As one of the easier/best design is just 2 lines of Fuel with 2 lines of coolants up and down, you'll have space enough for this additional cooling (I'd suggest Heat exchanger of any level + Component Heat Vents, or just Core Heat Vent)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Thank you MatLaPatate for the suggestion and the names for the required mods ... as for the design is this edible ? and why every time I put 2 quad thorium cells with quad plutonium cells the overall power and output power I get 200 times more power than just plutonium ? Here is a design that I craft (which I am sure is wrong but I keep trying :thumbup: ) link . As for the the question here is the reactor (just to make my point, I know this design is a disaster in the making so I won't using it) here is link without the thorium : link : and one with thorium : link : ...........

• It's a feature in reactor designer. Plutionium lasts ~2.5x less than thorium. If you add thorium the designer will assume you replace the plutionium cells when they run out and extends the running time to be 2.5x long so all of thorium would be used.

• Yeah, you'd better just look at the efficiency, since the Total output also counts the max time the reactor will run ...
    As for Fuel, you might use:
    Thorium for "free" Fuel and Breeding
    Uranium for long run design, as main supplier
    Plutonium for high output, like feeding Matterfabs or refilling your storage.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Plutonium for high output, like feeding Matterfabs or refilling your storage.

Does plutonium still work as a "booster" for other fuels? I remember at some point surrounding a single plutonium cell with quad thorium ones gave some 400 EU/t with relatively low heat.

• Does plutonium still work as a "booster" for other fuels? I remember at some point surrounding a single plutonium cell with quad thorium ones gave some 400 EU/t with relatively low heat.

That worked back in 1.4.x. Was a bug that got fixed with the update to 1.5.

• So I can use compinations in order to achive better efficiency over total power output which is something more clever rather than long term output of one cell. Nice thinking, didn't see that ... Nice to know there are experts in the field for n00bs like me. As for the automation of the replacement of dead/depleted cells coolants and/or heat vents/exchangers (because they have a life cycle too I noticed) how I am certen they won't be placed in the wrong place eg. plutonium in the place of coolant or thorium.

• Reactor components only die if they accumulate too much heat, the damage bar shows how much heat the component can accept before it is destroyed. With proper reactor design, and safe operation, the components should never break.

• For very advanced automation, you may use the Advanced Idon'trememberwhat (Translocator ?) from GT, but in most of the case you'd better use smart things like filling the whole reactor with Plates (which may be useful for more safety/breeders as well). If you wanna do complex things such as automating entirely the whole thing, I think AE contains what you need, but I'm not sure.

As for Plutonium (mostly answering to hoho), it's no longer working since the multi pulse system, which was to me a nice improvement (especially since I somehow suggested it ^^), has been removed (ATM I think) because of being buggy. So now, Thorium OP-ness for breeding is back ^^.

If you want to avoid automation, you may also create designs that will cool themselves the Coolant Cells down, but will need long (depending on the design) cool down for that. Then the only thing you'd have to do is Timer automation (setting the reactor on/off) or even doing it manually, assuming MFSUs and better storage units from GT can last the time needed for the cooldown if you charge them with high output reactors.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Thanks again MatLaPatate for the precious information, I will search for the mod you don't remember but I will first test AE. I like to know I can ask professionals abou the right think to do ....

• For very advanced automation, you may use the Advanced Idon'trememberwhat (Translocator ?) from GT

Advanced regulator.

(yes, it's expensive.)

As for Plutonium (mostly answering to hoho), it's no longer working since the multi pulse system, which was to me a nice improvement (especially since I somehow suggested it ^^), has been removed (ATM I think) because of being buggy. So now, Thorium OP-ness for breeding is back ^^.

Nope, the multipulse system is a 1.5 thing. It came after Greg fixed the hybrid scaling bug from 1.4. It was meant to make reactor fuels more distinct and interesting but it ended up breaking things left, right and center so it was rolled back. We now have the same values as in 1.4 except without the hybrid effect (and slightly less heat output).