Bug: Crystalcharger drains infinite eu with generator on top / Wastes stacked crystals.

• Hello i came across another possible issue:

I was running out of space in my temporary home and placed my crystalcharger against the wall. Right above it i placed a generator to charge my batterys. There was no cable to the crystalcharger as i did not intend to use it soon.

I put coal in the generator to charge my batterys thinking of not much, but as i came back i noticed the generator kept on burning coal.

There was no item in the charger, the "lightning" for energy did not increase any at all, even after 30 coal, but the generator kept on burning it.

*edit*

After further use of the crystalcharger i noticed the following:

Crystals can be put in stacked. Crystals will be charged. Crystals wont stack on the output end.

I am not sure if they are spilled out like batteries but i know i put 3 crystals in and had only 1 in the output. I would have tested more but ran out of crystals ^^.
    (there was no chest close either, does it even work with the crystalcharger?)

this was an experience with the smp version.

• A generator with fuel in it will make power whether it is being used or not. Also, the "lightning" wont charge up unless it's actually receiving power to do an operation.

• A generator with fuel in it will make power whether it is being used or not.

No. I can remember the update before the real wiring update, it was the first time we could power machines without batteries. But we couldn't place wires then, we had to place a generator on top of a machine.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• A generator with fuel in it will make power whether it is being used or not. Also, the "lightning" wont charge up unless it's actually receiving power to do an operation.

I am sorry but i am always keeping coal in my generator and unless i have an empty battery in it or a cable to another machine that is in need of power (or stores energy) it never uses the coal up.

I will have to rewire my machinery and see if it also constantly consumes from an mfe / mfs but right now i am a bit caught up with things :).

*edit*

If you wire it normal it does not make the charger consume more and more eu, its only an issue with the generator on top, but it ate my crystals :P.

• Official Post

Actually, the generator will still power the wire, regardless what could possible be on the other end, whether it's a Crystal Charger doing stuff, a Crystal charger doing nothing, a stone, air or a pig.
    All generatos will ALWAYS consume fuel to power nearby wires, regardless of what's happening to said power.
    Unless you put batterys in, in that case they will power the battery.

• Actually, the generator will still power the wire, regardless what could possible be on the other end, whether it's a Crystal Charger doing stuff, a Crystal charger doing nothing, a stone, air or a pig.
    All generatos will ALWAYS consume fuel to power nearby wires, regardless of what's happening to said power.
    Unless you put batterys in, in that case they will power the battery.

The thing is there was no wire :P. I just had placed the generator on the crystalcharger due to space-reasons and it nearly ate all my coal. Later on the crystalcharger ate my stacked crystals >.<.

• The thing is there was no wire :P. I just had placed the generator on the crystalcharger due to space-reasons and it nearly ate all my coal. Later on the crystalcharger ate my stacked crystals >.<.

No. I can remember the update before the real wiring update, it was the first time we could power machines without batteries. But we couldn't place wires then, we had to place a generator on top of a machine.

And the charged crystals can't stack, so it throws them out like the generator the batteries. Put a chest next to the crystal charger.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Thank you, i did not knew / could not tell from the wiki the crystals were treated like batteries and could be thrown out into a chest.

As for the wirering part, i always thought a machine only consumes power when its in use. Reason why i thought it would be a bug. But maybe this can be helpful with another circumstance i was experimenting with :3.