Working on an addon, looking for feedback

• Hey guys!

I don't post here much but I'm a long-time fan of IC2. One thing I never liked, however, was it's economy system (IC credits). I understand it's a simple approach to economy, and that's fine :P
    Quite a few months ago, I actually began work on my own Forge-based economy system, planning to be much more advanced. I haven't really done much on it but the physical part is usable!

Now, I've decided to make an IC2 addon which utilizes this economy, effectively being a replacement for the Energy-O-Mat. Players can buy and sell money through this block, using money from my mod.

To run it obviously requires both Ic2 and my mod to be installed. I was just wandering, while I'm working on it - is there any features people would like to see?

Initial release will just be an admin block, with static values as a proof of concept. Final release will have "player" and "admin" blocks - The admin one will generate it's own energy and act as a generator, using money as a fuel, whereas the player one requires an input and uses a little power to keep itself running too (consider it a tax). The value of your EU would be configurable in a GUI that only the person who placed the block can see - this GUI will also have the inventory for the players cash that he's earned.

So, open to feedback and suggestions! Fire away!

• One problem with currency mods is that the money is not really stackable, I propose something like a "wallet" to store currency in.

• One problem with currency mods is that the money is not really stackable, I propose something like a "wallet" to store currency in.

My mod has both physical and digital economy. Physical money can be earned around the world, then stored in a digital bank account via an ATM. The machines here will only support physical though - if I allow people to use their bank cards I can see people forgetting their card is in there and all their money being drained, which would probably annoy them a fair bit ;)

Machines will have 9 slots for putting money into and will only take it as needed, so people who do want to buy a lot of power can do.

• Official Post

Ideas :

Change Villages Behavior :
    New Villages with an "Industrial looking" with several structures. (You can break them, but that will make them cease their function AND will make villagers hunt you like there is no tomorrow)

Powerplant :
    A random type of powerplant (coal-fired,geothermal, wind, solar, nuclear) which will sell power to you for money.
    Prices varies from one type to another, with the nuclear one being the cheapest.
    The powerplant will buy fuel from you (coal , lava and uranium) .

Mine :
    A Mine where the villagers extract metals and everything for their needs. You can work on them (by using their shafts) to mine stuff.
    Mines buy ores and coal from you. [Selling coal and uranium to the powerplant is more worthy, if you have those types of powerplant in the village]
    Villages with coal and solar powerplants will buy coal at a higher price.

Smeltery :
    A smeltery where the villagers smelt metals for their structures.
    Smelteries buy ingots and dusts from you. [Selling ingot/dusts are more worthy than selling the raw ore]
    Villages with wind and solar powerplants will buy iron at a higher price.

and some other structures that an industrial city may have (i'm lazy to say them all).

• Some good ideas. These are more suited to the mod itself, but as my mod is modular based I guess I could make this addon into a module. My core API will be doing things like world generation which modules can hook into so most of the stuff above should be pretty easy :)

• Seems like an interesting idea. Make sure you mask or implement the previous IC2 economy system, any other mod or add-ons that use the IC2 credits can still function with your mod installed. (Allowing you to buy and sell Original IC2 Credits)

Interested to see how this turns out!