Suggestion: Mining Radar!

• Name: Mining Radar

Topic: Ok, i was playing with the finder compass mod, and it seemed VERY industrialcrafty. Im not saying a compass, but a (maybe square? idk) radar with lots of spinny needles pointing to all the ores! to see what i mean, config the finder compass to ALL ores, then go into a mine! im thinking it would be around the same tier as miner/OD scanner, but for people who dont have enough pipes.

FINDER COMPASS MOD LINK

Recipe:
    T G T
    R C R
    T E T

T= tin
    R= R-iron
    C=compass
    G=glowstone dust (screen)
    E= circut

• I like this idea, when I'm down in the mines I get really peeved when I encounter a long hall and begin digging and can't find anything.

• I like this idea, when I'm down in the mines I get really peeved when I encounter a long hall and begin digging and can't find anything.

Indeed. I cannot think of any practicle field uses of the current scanner. All it is good for AFAIK is if you plan to manually dig a quarry, although if you have access to a scanner, you ought to be able to make an automated miner. This however, if it passively (toggled via usage, and must be in action bar, similar to EE's rings and otherwise) scanned (and displayed like this) ores in a radius of 3 or 5 in each direction (the two seperate scanners have that AOE) (radius being half the side of the cube) would be extremely useful, since you could be scanning the inside of the walls, and know whether or not it is worth removing said wall.

• Has anyone actually configured the finder compass to ALL ores and went into a mine? IC2 one might have less radius/less ores/some other nerf.

• From my limited knowledge of coding, if you get permission from the finder compass guy, it would be easy to give it a power hungry core and a reskin...