Posts by Zerrens

Quad Uranium Cells produce more heat than the single uranium cell, yes that is true. (96 hps vs. 4 hps)
    Quad Uranium Cells produce the same amount of energy than the single uranium cell. No, that is false, 1xQuad Uranium Cell produces 60 EU/t while the single uranium cell produces 5 EU/t.

Quad Uranium Cells can attain a higher efficiency than single uranium cells too (7 vs. 5)

The old uranium cells gave 10eu/t. They give 5 now.

This armor set doesn't have to be top tier to begin with, actually it shouldn't. It should be craftable around Nanosuit level tech. At it's core it IS a shell after all, you just install more complex components. With full installation, it could definitely trump Quantum though, but at a REDICULOUS cost, past Quantum itself.

My proposal doesn't add any extra items, so no pressure on your spriters. I'll try to explain why I chose these parts in the first place, too.

Here are my suggestions for the Gregtech recipes for the armor itself:

Armor upgrade components:

Holy mother of amazing mods. I didn't believe it until I tried it out...

If I may, here's my input for what it's worth:

Pros:
    •EXTREMELY well designed HUD
    •The textures are beautiful
    •The modular nature of it comes off extremely well, everything seems to fit and have its place
    •The Tinkering, HOLY BALLS that's impressive.
    •Readable, understandable, and well informed tooltips on hover
    •Variable charging speeds for different battery levels/overclocking is great
    •The weight system really makes you choose what to add or what to leave out, so you don't overdo it. You can be a tank if you want...

Con(s):
    •Items are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too cheap for what they do
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You've got a bad ass mod in the works here, man. Here's some of my suggestions after giving this mod a spin:

•More expensive recipes, or a 'Gregtech' config as has been mentioned previously. Maybe make the suit not THAT expensive, but the upgrade pieces should make Greg impressed at how expensive they are. The armor upgrades (iron/diamond) should stay the same, or be replaced with a fitting alternative if using the 'Gregtech' mode (titanium/iridium instead of iron/diamond possibly)

•Higher energy consumption for more things, specifically the leg movement upgrades if not everything. Again, this can be in a config

•Seperate the 'visor' color from being overwritten by the colorizer upgrades (so if I make my helmet green, the visor stays the same blue color)

•Allow the user to be able to see the upgrades on hover of a piece of armor via subscript text (MFFS does a neat trick with hiding the information unless you hold shift, maybe ask Thunderdark if you're interested in that)

I feel silly. When I made the test instance, I added the wrong version. The original problem WAS on 0.7.11b though. The non-experimental version works, but not every time. Seems to not work on world create, but if I close and reopen, replace all the stuff, the refinery starts behaving once I configure its GUI. Works fine from then on. :huh:

Different topic, feels like it's more balanced now, I like the 3 UU/Oil cost. Seems like a good baseline. I pump out UU like crazy with my reactor, sometimes wish the massfab had a configurable amount to produce per UU. I want the Matter Fabricator from Gregtech but not the rest of Gregtech :P

Edit: Saw you said you needed some possible textures, thought I'd give it a go for you because of the derp on my part. The first texture is idle, second is electrolyzing, and the third is delectrolyzing.