Posts by Requia

I've brought this up before. A worthy solution would be to have coil tiering for the Pyrolyse Oven, with Cupronickel coils allowing for ordinary wood to charcoal smelting, Kanthal for the charcoal recipes that use Nitrogen and Nichrome for the wood to heavy oil recipe. For now, I simulate that by producing Cupronickel coils then deleting them and cheating in Kanthal ones to use.

Or just an early game charcoal burning pile. Single use charcoal burners are made form dirt and wood, permanent ones are made of ceramic. The idea of needing electric machines to use bronze age tech is silly.

Railcraft fills the gap of course, but there's no real reason why it should have to.

Industrialcraft isn't actually loaded into the game, I found this in the forge log:

Code
    [17:34:49] [Client thread/INFO] [FML/]: FML has found a non-mod file industrialcraft-2-2.2.827-experimental-api.jar in your mods directory. It will now be injected into your classpath. This could severe stability issues, it should be removed if possible.

possibly this is related to a missing mcmod.info file, but its happening in older versions of forge as well.

If relevant, I recently pulled Gregtech out of the mods folder.

I get the following crash with the most recent two IC2e versions.

http://pastebin.com/kghmRp6b

Trying to update to see if bug 1501 is present in recent (since neither me nor the original poster were up to date). Just flat out wont start with most recent two versions. I figure this has to be a crossmod thing, (cause otherwise devs couldn't have started it at all), but can't figure out which mod

Pretty sure weedex is harmful forever, but the harm is that it caps stats at 10. So if you don't plan on breeding past that point your good.

There's no way in hell an MFR harvester using non GR crops beats an IC2 harvester.

Biofuel is more complicated, which is its own problem, but I think it might edge out biogas given the maintenance work to maintain dirt and appetite supply. As a bonus you get a massive amount of charcoal, which is even more energy, and sand, I never have enough sand.

Not hardening at all in the nether could be pretty cool. Set yourself a base up in the nether, power yourself off the local lava, then use the pahoehoe for moats and stuff (wherever you need a decorative liquid basically).

So I ran some tests on the idea of separating the reactor from the fluid heat exchangers, and it works out really well. You only need two output fluid ports (seems to be a limit of 1000mb/sec per port, which in turn equates to 1000 hu/t) and one input port (apparently unlimited input capacity, though you'll need big enough pipes).

Buildcraft pipes will handle a 1368 hu/t reactor (also seen some improvement on pushing the limits of power and efficiency, though it relies on nuclear control to cycle it on/off :D). There's occasional air bubbles in the coolant input. This doesn't happen with beefier pipes (tested with gregtech and fluid distributors, I'm sure thermal dynamics pipes will be just as good), but in a 3 hour run of a 1280hu/t reactor I've had no meltdown, with nuclear control (extremely necessary anyway for the most efficient and powerful reactor) I'm 100% confident.

What I'm not sure of is how much coolant you'd need (I voided my hot coolant and used creative tanks to get cold coolant for these tests) to ensure that there's enough to last until the cooled off coolant makes its way back to the coolant tank. If it's not too bad this method could mean a substantial price drop from direct exchange given the cost of fluid ports over ordinary pressure walls, as well as being more aesthetically pleasing. It might also be tricky to get clean enough flow of hot coolant via buildcraft pipes, and fluid distributors would destroy the cost savings, increasing the need for a better fluid distribution mod.