Posts by Requia

I noticed implosion compressor recipes going through the galacticraft script.

As of GT5.05.06, the *only* thing the implosion compressor is actually required for is iridium reinforced plates, which in turn is only for the quantum suit and nano saber (the gem recipes are in there, but unnecessary, since the sifter can get the gems from purified crushed ore, and you don't need the gems for any gregtech recipes). The industrial diamond and gem plates are all normal compressor. Should probably be pulled, since GT5 itself no longer requires the machine prior to the absolute end of the infrastructure ladder. Will do this myself and submit pull requests if people approve, not gonna put in the work if everyone is against me.

It also might be prudent to fork the whole thing soon, since I'm sure other changes will be warranted as GT6 comes online, and GT5 worlds can't be updated.

That link hasn't been accurate for a long time, it even says so in the link. Right now the best an LP can do is a hair under 36buckets per charcoal (the absolute best is a high pressure coal boiler at 48, but chaining together a large number of small boilers is a huge headache).

But the point isn't for constant power, at three times the steam/bucket LP boilers are the clear winner for that. the point would be for emergency power when the heatup time for more 36LPs is shit. Run the treefarm and feed all the charcoal into the LPs, stockpile the biofuel for on demand power.

But now that I think about it, it's probably a lot better to do it the other way around. Biofuel for the LPs, grab JABBA and make a massive charcoal stockpile with the spare for the large boiler, gives the best efficiency overall, and two minute warmup is nothing compared to most steam setups.

Hmm, ethanol might not be totally unusable as a fuel for a steam based power system. 1/3rd the efficiency in a tungstensteel boiler as the 36LP, but since heatup is nearly instant, it's a good backup power source.

I mostly went using the Elctrical Engines from a IC2&BC addon which had a really much higher output then the forestry engines were able (even max upgraded), also it had a adjustable Engine which you could setup like insane xD

What's the name of this thing?

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. I take it you've confirmed that the result produces more energy than steam/kinetic? (I would imagine so at a glance)

I can't get more than 150 EU/t out of 200 Hu/t with (high pressure) steam. I'm shit at steam (and have no plans to improve, seriously devs just make forge steam, so we can have a central power source), but if that setup is accurate, this thing is ~20% more powerful, and doesn't waste heat that isn't a multiple of 200, at the cost of a massive number of gen blocks (wheras if I understand right, all high pressure steam can be fed through 2 turbine/kinetic gen combo blocks, to push all the power out in one spot).

Some of the 'good reactors' are still pretty valid, now that I have a better idea of how the fluids work (my 1000hu/t capout problem was apparently that corners aren't valid places to exchange heat, also I'm now predicting hu/t better) I was able to get a 1280hu/t sterling reactor running in creative (Up until I accidentally broke the cable leading to the power void, at which point I was not able to run to my redstone switch fast enough to avoid a meltdown).

It was based on, though not identical, to this, this version is cheaper though, my version is a modification meant for stable heat with MOX.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…adh05nlzbpykw84kwczan05q8

If the ratio is the same, it should bust 1100EU/t.

You will need over two stacks of semifluid generators though OR I did some tests, and liquid heat gens+sterling gens produce the same total EU from biogas at 16EU/t. It's not actually less gen blocks, but it'll be much more compact.

You can, if flush with EU and short on space, upgrade the electrical engine quite a lot. It's lossy, but assuming nothing has changed (beyond switch to RF) you should be able to get as much as 140RF/t for 50EU.

Or just use more engines, I've had giant banks of them in the past for nuclear quarries.

Doing some more tests, the discovery is me fucking up some math in first experiments on how much heat the test reactors were making (i though the basic was 5, not 4 for some reason).

I assumed once core heat started building it was gonna go badly (mine went way over 4%, but at the same time that was a much hotter reactor), I'll have to test more if it stabilizes. Some pretty massive fluid reactors could be built if there's no 1000hu/t limit.

RTG is radiothermal generators. You fuel them with the plutonium you get from thermal centrifuging the depleted cells. It takes a lot, 12 depleted cells per pellet, and 6 pellets to fill the RTG. But each full RTG thermal generator makes 64hu/t, and they never ever have to be refueled.

What I would actually do in terms of full storage shutdown, is feed the gas through a big big tank. Then use a buildcraft gate to shut down when tank is full. This gives you a supply of gas if you want ever want to deploy power at a distance that doesn't rely on the reactor being on.

Now that I look at the reactor itself, you've made a pretty amazing discovery. Every test I've done in a fluid reactor is 5 reactor heat=8

I'm fairly sure it'll eventually melt down if you don't have a nuclear control cutoff, my 13exchanger setup drops to 1000hu/t after a bit and gains core temp (in the reactor interface, you need to be sure that the hot coolant isn't slowly gaining over time, once the coolant hot coolant reservoir fills up this happen), but the 18 will last longer. If you do have a nuclear control cutoff though you should be gold, if you don't make sure there is no hot coolant at all actually in the reactor, it should completely empty into the exchangers every second (it may take a while to actually start building up).

Whats really cool about the biogas setup is how easily RTG gens are gonna plug into this. every... 7.2 cycles you get another 64hu/t and a bonus fermenter, and the slow fuel rates means you should be able to just plug it into your existing pipes no problem.

Your cooling arrangement is pretty expensive, though it obviously works.