Posts by Requia

Hmm, I hadn't looked at those, that opens up fluid reactors pretty wide... efficiency of 9 with uranium seems trivial, no need to mess with steam, nearly instant on and off, 499 EU/t...

How much constant power can you even get off a single RTG gen? I haven't messed too much with ICsteam, but it took me three of them to pull 100mb/t of high pressure off.

LZH and RZH cooling reactors are useless in the real world. Where are you gonna get 150 stacks of lapis per cycle?

Not that plutonium and thorium fuel rods exist anymore anyway, though I'm sure somebody will do something equally crazy with MOX in creative and declare it practical.

Actually rather than change the cooling, best option would be to insert and remove neutron reflectors. :Reactor: Bonus, produces more energy during warmup. Since the reflectors are good for 2500 seconds they don't need to be replaced often, once every ~25 heatups.

This ran stable (fluctuating from 82 to 84%) on a 40 minute test. heatup took less than 90 seconds. Don't even need nuclear control, save for the sake of automating the warmup.

What sort of option is there for automating a MOX? Nuclear control to turn it off every now and then in order to glide it past a certain heat is obvious enough, but what about something that insierts and removes components? thinking core heat exchangers, those are as much as 72 each, could allow for very fast heatup/cooldown (for batteries) with a rig that doesn't lose components when partialed.

Ok the Hu/t thing is pretty basic, and the engineering seems simple (really just a different fuel efficiency equation) though the actual steam mechanics are beyond me, right down to not being able to get more than 100 Hu/t out of the reactor.

Edit, what about the MOX thing, some people are swearing by it, and some declaring it useless.

Somebody run down the changes for me, and I'll start updating this.

As I gather it, if no pressure case surrounds the reactor, it should work the same as 1.4.7 non gregtech reactors (excluding MOX), with fluid reactor mode its instead based on the heat of the reactor, with multiples of 200 hu/t being ideal, but how is Hu/t predicted?

you need a mod that unifies outputs, and possibly to turn recipe overrides on in the TE configs. As best I can tell Gregtech is the only one up to date (doesn't give options for which type of ingot anymore though, so no TE ingots, but everything will be the same).

Frames.

Did anybody bring those back(I know there's an RP clone, don't know if they got that far)/Eloraam come back from the dead?

Though I've been using Archimedes' Ships, which lets you do airships and such. It's too cheap but at the same time it doesn't allow for automated flying, only player controlled, so there's no ridiculously overpowered automining available, you still gotta move stuff manually.

When Thermal Expansion got multi-part support you had to break and replace every energy conduit, fluiduct and item duct in your world(s). No one realistically wants that with all their IC2 cables when we have CF foam and obscurators which hides cables sufficiently.

1.7 is gonna be a good time to do anything that would encourage starting over anyway, given the amount of new worldgen being added to the base game.

does it make more sense to you to be able to send 192 eu/t through a cable that is for 32 eu/t, just because it's from different sources?

Yes, it's voltage vs amperage. You can shove a ton of volts down a crappy real world wire (with some losses) if the amp draw is low, if you want high amps you gotta break out the heavy stuff.

Though somebody said they were planning on adding that back in a different way later last time this came up, this is really about preventing solar lag.