Posts by Requia

That's all the errors, total dump is:

Or more specifically, I can log into the server, a bunch of textures are missing, then it boots me. This was a backup of my minecraft files not the server and the server works for others. SSP works fine.

1.4.5/1.111 and NEI is the only other mod (thus restoring to backup, was messing around with forestry).

My crop matron seems to be going through an inordinate amount of supplies. I dropped a stack and a half of fertilizer in it, realized I forgot the hydration cells, and when I got back with the hydration cells the fertilizer was all used up.

Will this behaviour be less gluttonous once I feed it enough supplies, or is there some way to slow it down?

No, plants can't die from malnutrition, although that actually makes sense, you might want to suggest that. The amount of fertilizer (and water I think) in the nearby area just determines growth rate and not survival percentage as well.

This would potentially be very bad on a server. I'd hate to come back to a dead farm after a week away because the chunk got loaded by a nearby base of operation for the other player on my server.

Put some freaking cooling in. If there's no heat vents there will never be any cooling.

You may be using an old guide too, as of something or other before I started playing water outside the reactor doesn't cool it down.

I think this 265 eu/t Mark-1 with an efficiency of 3.53 comes closer to your original goals.

I don't have the java plugin installed, but I'd like to ask: what's the copper per cycle (that's one of my big design questions right now, as I'm trying to stockpile for a high efficiency breeder reactor, trying to figure out how far off the mark I am).

You get energy from cables, not from potato. Also there already is SUB in IC2.

this is really an aesthetic rather than utility suggestion, and I think its awesome.

Though, in the interest of making it also (potentially) useful, perhaps it could be placed onto wires as a single use generator, rather than another battery?

The wiki makes several references to machines that can output or take input from chests/other machines, with the exception of pumps and miners however, I've never gotten this to work.

The fabricator also has an odd one, it says you can hook it up to a chest below it, but if you do that the chest is unopenable, no way to insert scrap.

Are these documentation errors, or am I doing something wrong?

There are multipule mods- namely buildcraft and red power- who already has pipes and tubes systems (respectively).

Some people do in fact play vanilla industrialcraft, and a mod that requires regenerating the world is horribly impractical as a fix.

Though, Minecraft is getting hoppers, so unless its gonna do more than simple horizontal item transfer there's no point in IC2 having it.

I think it's be balanced as long as the EU/t per transformer is low. Though I'm thinking a setup thats less for long distance and more for low power medium distance. (IE, good for keeping a batbox on the other side of the workshop filled) For even harder balance shove the packet size all the way down to 1, and force constant re-transforming if long distance is wanted.

Just accidentally left my reactor running and it burned through half my uranium, so just in case anybody searches this, short redstone off pulses will not conserve uranium.