Posts by alexdelphi

Pumping water into watermills makes even less sense than the unmanned mode.

I think it does make sense since source water blocks have no "energy stored" in them because the water's not flowing. Pumping water being under pressure in pipes (and so containing some kinetic energy) is IMHO quite enough for rotors to convert kinetic energy into electrical.

Real watermills would require a big dam + waterfalls + watermills with rotors on the end of waterfall to transform gravitational energy into kinetic and then into electrical.

Haven't I proposed this with my Hydroelectric Engine? If you should look in its concepts then you'll see that the setup for it to work contains a waterfall (made with 1-5 flowing water blocks) + watermill + integrated rotors (via the crafting recipe).

And this is EASY TO EXPLOIT, laggy and completly OP.

Maybe, but I reckon this is a good way to power secret underground bases.

The ideas are:
    1)
    Hydroelectric engine
    Crafting
    :Water Mill::Advanced Circuit::Water Mill:
    R N R
    :Water Mill::Advanced Circuit::Water Mill:
    where
    R is a rotor
    N is nothing
    How it works
    Imagine such a construction:
    S
    F
    F
    F
    F H
    (S - Source water block, H - engine, F - flowing water).
    The engine here produces 4 EU/t since the height of the waterfall is 4.
    The Hydroelectric engine can't be forced in producing more than 5 EU/t (to fit in ULV range and also prevent them from being OP). If this happens, the engine will explode.

2)
    Compact WaterMill engines
    The compact engines will not use flowing water. Instead, water will be sent to the engines via pumps.
    Important information
    When water is being carried with a fully loaded Gold Waterproof Pipe I'll say that the rate is 1 WU (Water Unit)/t (I don't remember how much is this in millibuckets).
    Also, the water is supplied not to the engine itself but to the Stationary Rotor located directly below the engine. The crafting recipe is:
    R N R
    N M N
    R N R
    where R is a rotor, M is an advanced machine block, N is nothing
    Devices
    The 1st device is the ULV WaterMill engine. It accepts 1 WU/t and outputs 4 EU/t.
    The 2nd device is the LV WaterMill. It accepts 4 WU/t and outputs 32 EU/t.
    The MV WaterMill accepts 16 WU/t and outputs 128 EU/t; the HV one accepts 64 WU/t and outputs 512 EU/t.
    To make the 2 latter watermills accept so many WU/t a Water Compressor is used. It turns water into Compressed Water for a ratio of 16:1. It should be able to accept
    both pump input and manual one. Compressed water should have a navy colour.
    Crafting
    The ULV engine is shapeless crafted out of the Hydroelectric engine and backwards.
    The higher tier engines are crafted in such a way:
    N W N
    W T W
    N W N
    (where W is a lower-tier mill, T is a transformer upgrade).

P.S. If the author explicitly states his or her unwillingness to make such devices, I will create a thread in the Addon Request/Suggestion forum and move this entire post there.

FerroChromite ore (FeCr2O4) should generate in the Nether with generation probability like Iridium Ore.
    Recipes:
    Macerator -> 4 dust
    Grinder + Water -> 4 dust + 0.5 Chrome dust
    Grinder + Mercury -> 4 dust + 1 Chrome dust
    7 dust -> Industrial Electrolyzer -> 1 Iron dust + 2 Chrome dust + 4 Compressed Air Cells (using 512,000 EU at 128 EU/t)
    Also, 1 UU-matter + 1 Chrome dust should give 1 FerroChromite ore in an assembling machine (using 64,000 EU at 32 EU/t).

The message is quite a simple one.
    Is there a mod allowing for an automation system that will be better than BuildCraft's one?
    The latter doesn't permit teleporting items/liquids...
    Or does there exist a good addon to Buildcraft which has these features?

Could I allow myself to be a critic?
    1) Advanced Chemical Reactor (to correct a typo)
    2) I really don't understand why have you made a hybrid storage unit and an ultimate hybrid one. Greg has an AESU and an IDSU respectively for that purpose.
    However, if your recipes are more complex ones, you can just override Greg's like he does with i.e. mining lasers.
    Nonetheless, the idea of additional transformers is a very good one.

And finally, a suggestion (both to you and Greg though I'm way too lazy to crosspost): a stone crafting table having a 4х4 grid.
    It is made by putting a normal crafting table and 8 stone into an Assembling machine.
    Moreover, I think the recipes of the 2 addons I'm talking about are going to become hard enough to suggest a special Electric Crafting mode allowing for even more complex crafting grids including non-rectangular ones.

P.S. 8192 is called Quad Extreme Voltage (QEV)