Posts by Periphera_

I don't think there's much doubt that EU has been supplanted by RF, because it's simplicity appealed to the mainstream...but there was still a core underground following loyal to IC2 in it's original manifestation. The majority had already ditched IC2 in favour of TE, EnderIO, and the like....so why defile the legacy of IC2 and alienate the few that still enjoyed it as it was?

Obviously, I speak only for myself, but I don't see myself ever using an RF IC2, and tbh you shouldn't have ported it if you were going to go in this direction. I'll echo what the others have said....thank god for Reika and Greg.

:(

Ok, some questions/advice regarding the Large Steam Turbine multiblock.

I have a titanium boiler feeding steam into a quantum tank (buffer), which is adjacent to the input hatch of the turbine. I have an EV pump cover on the quantum tank exporting steam to the turbine. Now, I know the boiler produces 32000 L/s, but all the turbine blades have different values for optimal steam flow.

In the old version of GT5, you could feed the turbine 1600 mb/t and it would produce 1000 Eu/t with the carbon blades (iirc), with no blade damage. So now that these different blade materials have different optimal steam flow. do I assume correctly that as long as you can produce the steam required for the blade for optimal flow, then that's all it will request from the quantum tank per tick?

For example, the steel turbine (normal size) has an optimal steam flow of 12000 L/s (600 mb/t = 300 EU/t...right?)...Will my EV pump push out 40960 L/s, wasting the excess steam or will the turbine only allow for 12000 L/s to come through? I could switch to a HV pump, but that drops throughput to below 12000 L/s.

I would recommend making a distillation tower if you have HV stuff and that much oil. You get all byproducts in less time for less energy (higher net gain). What's more is nitro diesel becomes feasible which is an absurd increase in energy.

Yea, I've been working on getting all the stainless steel i need for the past couple days, so that was my next step. But I was right in assuming that EU requirements are multiplied by 4 each tier (with operational speed doubled each time)? It's been a while since I last played GT, and I'm a bit rusty.

Also, the large multiblock turbines are still good, right?

I'm at the point of making HV machines. I have steel tank full of oil, and figure i'd use it for some power. I have the following set-up:

Advanced Distillery (HV) > Advanced Fluid Canner (HV) > Turbo Diesel Generator (70% eff) > HV Battery Buffer

The plan was to kick-start the distillery and canner with my MV buffer (with transformer)...and then let the HV buffer take over. I assumed I'd get a surplus of power, but I guess not. Is that expected?

The distillery shows 8mb oil > 8mb fuel requires 256 EU. So i need 125 cycles for 1 bucket/cell = 32k EU

The canner requires 16 EU to can 1000mb into the cell.

1 diesel cell gives 128k EU in the generator = ~90k EU at 70% efficiency.

Surplus of about 58k EU.

So I'm doing something wrong? I'm guessing those base values for each cycle is for the Basic Machines and I need to scale up for each tier?

(I guess I also don't really need the canner, but my NEI wasn't showing any use for the fuel unless it was canned. I did try the set-up without the canner, and I was still making a net loss).

I await your words of wisdom. Thanks.

(Also, any tips for a better source of power at HV. I have a decent tree farm, and turning charcoal into alumentum. I don't have access to IC2 gens).

EDIT - Of course, EU used is multiplied by 4 for each tier....hence the net loss. Guess fuel is only really viable before HV....is it even viable in MV??? Going to have to take a look at these LHE's then.

GT pipery + pump covers set on import (screwdrive it) + GT multiblock boiler = energy generation.

Ah, thanks. NEI wasn't showing creosote as a valid fuel for anything other than IC2's semi-fluid generator.

Also, I haven't had any issues with drain on large steel pipe feeding water into the hatch (we have infinite water enabled).

Thanks to the others guys for their help too.

You should try to seach info on wiki first.

And not finding the info was the reason I asked here. It may be that I placed the drain on the wrong side of the oven.

Neat problem. I assume IC2 is also allowed.

Actually, Most of IC2 generators are disabled. There is no use for creosote other than using it to make lubricant.

Alternately, you can pipe it into a tank (Quantum Tank) and use some automation trickery to remove/blow up the tank. Not sane/ideal, obviously.

The first tier Quantum Tank requires components that can be made with 480 EU/t....i am still on LV (making aluminium).

I did try the drain cover attached to a pipe, which in turn is connected to a BC tank (BC pipes are disabled btw)...but that didn't work, Thinking about it now, I did have it attached to the side instead of the bottom of the oven....that may have been the reason it hadn't worked.

Is there any way with just GT to a) remove creosote oil from RC Coke Ovens without using power, and b) voiding fluids?

Also, i have the following early electrical age set-up:

Macerator > Ore Washer > Hammer > Centrifuge

The purified crushed ore is ejected automatically into the Hammer, leaving behind Stone dust and tiny dust (by-product of the main ore). How can i automate the removal of stone and tiny dust into another chest/buffer with GT alone? Or any other ideas are welcome.

Help appreciated.

Instead of turning off rolling machine completely, I would rather find a way to remove iron and steel plate recipes from it. Does mine tweaker support RC in that matter?

Yes. it does.

My colleague (Virezz) and I have been creating our custom modpack for 1.7.10, which launches on Friday. We have a variety of mods, including TE, Blood Magic, Buildcraft, Extra Utilities, etc...and have used minetweaker to alter numerous recipes with the aim of maintaining balance alongside GT. Basically, GT is used as the benchmark in terms of processing and materials used.

For example, Basic TE machine frames require aluminium plates, whereas the Resonant machine frames will require tungsten plates and an enderium gear. Enderium can only be processed via GT Blast Furnace and Vacuum Freezer.

If you want to take a look at some of the recipe changes we've made, feel free:

(sorry, link no longer active)

For further info, you can check the link for our sub-reddit in my signature...we still have a few things to change, but most of the info will be there in the next couple of days.

So, we are currently testing 1.7.10 on my server too (based on Kirara settings). Just a heads up, and i'm sure you know of this already (re: Azanor vs CJ on github), but you need to remove the TC API from Railcraft jar to prevent crashing when using Thauminomicon.

Anyway, how goes Kirara's updating?

I seriously hope we minetweak the recipes, disabling the ones that we don't need (in favor of similar GT power gen) and modifying those that are way too cheap (the kinetic gens for example).

Yea, I ask because we try to keep the same configs as Kirara on our server. We are currently minetweaking recipes in 1.7.10 as preparation for the update. Unfortunately, some of our members can't survive without TE, so we tweak it to hell, e.g. machine frames need stainless steel.

We would love to have it in a future FTB pack but inclusion isn't up to us. It's definitely available to be put into any of the FTB packs if the people who create those packs want to do so. Go bug Direwolf20 or one of the other main pack creators if you want to see this added! :)

I actually thought there was a reason for its exclusion. The fact that there isn't one is baffling. This is a brilliant add-on...i shall try and bug the modpack devs to have it included. Thanks for your work on it :thumbup: