[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Can I ask what do you use to check how full the buffer is? Or/and maybe show the screenshot?
    I'd like to do same thing on my plasma turbine.

fwiw, if you're ambitious, you can hunt through the FTB infitech2 thread and find my setup as I do the same thing. A batbox with the energy detector cover on it, triggering on and off via a SR latch (also known as an RS latch although I prefer SR)

Edit: http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…185/page-253#post-1323095

• fwiw, if you're ambitious, you can hunt through the FTB infitech2 thread and find my setup as I do the same thing. A batbox with the energy detector cover on it, triggering on and off via a SR latch (also known as an RS latch although I prefer SR)

Edit: http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…185/page-253#post-1323095

Thx, that doesn't really help though. I know how to do that with IC2 storage, but I want to set up this:

I have 4 Lapotronic Energy Clusters in my buffer. Is it possible to send a signal when batteries are, say, 95% or less full? This would allow plasma to be sent into the turbine, so that I don't waste plasma and rotor.

How does this energy detector work? I thought it only worked on machine's internal buffer, and not batteries. I found this setting "including batteries" but it didn't seem to work.

• Bug: Cannot smelt Black Bronze, thus cannot make Black Steel, Blue Steel, and others. It says it's blasted in a blast furnace but the BF will never start. It won't smelt in any other furnace either.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• @ AiwendilCiunio
    To measure the Battery buffer charge, you can use the energy detector cover. Just ajust with a screwdriver until you find the option that includes the internal bateries, I don't remember which is right now.

@Axle
    Black Bronze powder can be mixed on the crafting table, 3 x copper, 1 gold and 1 silver. You don't need to smelt to make black steel...

• Which ones don't? I only use Gregtech, Railcraft (tank) and Thaumcraft (I feel that even IC2 is casual).
    I don't know much others technical mods, therefore I fear and want to destroy them.

I made my original comment jokingly; it is largely subjective based on what type of pack you're trying to play. Usually people have objections to individual mechanics from mods rather than entire mods.

I am a floating symbol of the Core and the Arm. I actually have no face, this is my entire body.

• I am a floating symbol of the Core and the Arm. I actually have no face, this is my entire body.

Ah, google found the reference. Always thought that you were some kind of digital being, represented by an hologram.

--------
    Bummer, I made a Disassembling machine (IV), and the sucker stops even glued to transformer and battery buffer.
    How much energy it eats? (the bright side is that I can't even disassemble it, for obvious reasons...)

• Bug: Using up the last of a stack (or even single) fine soldering alloy wire will leave a colorless 'blank' version which, when dropped, turns to stone.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Bug: Using up the last of a stack (or even single) fine soldering alloy wire will leave a colorless 'blank' version which, when dropped, turns to stone.

Heh, I'm not crazy, then...

• Ok, some questions/advice regarding the Large Steam Turbine multiblock.

I have a titanium boiler feeding steam into a quantum tank (buffer), which is adjacent to the input hatch of the turbine. I have an EV pump cover on the quantum tank exporting steam to the turbine. Now, I know the boiler produces 32000 L/s, but all the turbine blades have different values for optimal steam flow.

In the old version of GT5, you could feed the turbine 1600 mb/t and it would produce 1000 Eu/t with the carbon blades (iirc), with no blade damage. So now that these different blade materials have different optimal steam flow. do I assume correctly that as long as you can produce the steam required for the blade for optimal flow, then that's all it will request from the quantum tank per tick?

For example, the steel turbine (normal size) has an optimal steam flow of 12000 L/s (600 mb/t = 300 EU/t...right?)...Will my EV pump push out 40960 L/s, wasting the excess steam or will the turbine only allow for 12000 L/s to come through? I could switch to a HV pump, but that drops throughput to below 12000 L/s.

• Short answer: It's a nightmare. Avoid putting more steam than its optimal flow.
    I'm using pipes with shutters, for example, to achieve 12000L/s, you can use a Huge bronze pipe (9600L/s) + Normal bronze pipe (2400L/s) = 12000L/s (two input hatches) should work.
    You should see this video too (thanks, Willis), it's very helpful.
    I'm not sure if it's feeding the turbine correctly, though, because PYURE refuses to test it using Greg's pipes :P .

• Drawfox you asked for images earlier today.

https://imgur.com/a/4YtWF

I decided to just annotate the images in imgur because it seemed better than trying to type it out.

Thanks Willis! :thumbup:
    Woah, It will take some time to digest that;
    Well, time to sleep here, tomorrow I'll look that, otherwise I'll have nightmares with RS torches...

• What's the absolute most efficient furnace? 32v electric or bronze steam furnace? I need to use it to smelt bamboo into bamboo charcoal (1/4 normal charcoal value) and make it efficient if possible.

Quoted from "zorn":