Posts by Kye_Duo

It already auto-outputs steam. What more do you want of it?

someone said they were having to extract the steam via BC wooden pipes....from that I made the mistake in thinking it didn't auto output.
    this is def one of those machines that should be a MB structure. different sizes would produce different amounts at different efficiencies. almost should be like RC boilers but use electric heaters instead of fireboxes.....though maybe not....maybe just electric tank blocks as you can submerge the electric heating elements in the water.

the steam generator should be like the RC boilers, auto output steam to legit containers/pipes.

another thing about the molten salt reactors is they don't have to use uranium, they can use thorium. thorium requires no processing, decays via beta radiation which is stopped by clothes, and is the third most abundant radioactive element on the planet....one downside, weekly on site reprocessing of the fuel, which can yield uranium. Plus thorium reactors take 1/100th the foot print of a uranium reactor.

water is used due to its massive thermal capacity. it is actually the highest for the most common liquids. sure it has issues, but far cheaper than some exotic liquid that may or may not be any safer under the same circumstances. (4.1813 J/(g K) for water, anti-freeze is actually less than that of water 54% for ethylene glycol, which can burn, propylene glycol varies 50% @ 0C to 70% @ 100C at SAP)

if you are using wooden pipes to pull liquids you are limiting yourself
    emerald pipes are capable of pulling 40 mB/t.
    I do admit that BC's pipes are limiting, and that is a constant source of discussion on the BC forums. but you can do better with BC pipes.
    and personally, I feel that RC's boilers will beat IC2's steam generator for making regular steam.
    especially since it is MB and auto outputs the steam into any acceptable container.
    at the very least your steam, generator should do the same, which makes a lot of sense, especially if you pressurize the steam and reduce the expansion, which if you are going for powering a steam turbine makes a ton of sense.
    steam turbines run at about 3000 RPM and the main line pressure varies depending on the size, but can exceed the kPSI range. some even have a low pressure section that operates below atmospheric pressure, leading directly into a condenser. Many in the electrical generation reheat the steam to increase efficiency. Nuke reactors actually run cooler than other fired plants so the turbines are run at a lower RPM.

since the steam is a fluid, pick up a liquid duplicator and use that to pump in steam for testing purposes.
    or you can get RC and have a much easier method of generating steam.
    IC2's steam generator is DOA for me due to RC.
    though can't the nuke reactor put out steam or did that disable that?

Well, it does... (build 515). Need to connect steam generator to it and it will condense ic2steam to distilled water... overally bit slow conversion, took me about hour with 400hU/t to boil 10 cells of water(mostly slow heating of water... coolant heats up rapidly in comparision) and not 1 to 1 ration (do we have leaky ic2steam somewhere?)

nope, water to steam volume ratio is not 1:1. think its like 1:160 or so. It takes a lot of steam to condense to water.

i dont see anything in it but anything that might help ill try

EDIT:also i grabbed that mod and it hangs randomly but not on forestry. once i take forestry out it runs fine. or if i have just forestry it runs fine.

um, you sure all your mods are correct, one is asking for a version of forge that isn't possible for 1.6.4 (enchanting Plus)
    also, why are you running the game in a JDK environ? and UE highly recommends Java 7 not 6