How does condenser work?

• we Use Git to sync code between player and me... Jenkins run automatically after any code push.

always when I stop program Most of the evening i push all daywork to Git for Backup..

Developers Build label say 'm not done (missig gui, missig recipe, mission function, missing balance) dont ask "how does work" for Developers Build :D

• Well, it does... (build 515). Need to connect steam generator to it and it will condense ic2steam to distilled water... overally bit slow conversion, took me about hour with 400hU/t to boil 10 cells of water(mostly slow heating of water... coolant heats up rapidly in comparision) and not 1 to 1 ration (do we have leaky ic2steam somewhere?)

• Well, it does... (build 515). Need to connect steam generator to it and it will condense ic2steam to distilled water... overally bit slow conversion, took me about hour with 400hU/t to boil 10 cells of water(mostly slow heating of water... coolant heats up rapidly in comparision) and not 1 to 1 ration (do we have leaky ic2steam somewhere?)

nope, water to steam volume ratio is not 1:1. think its like 1:160 or so. It takes a lot of steam to condense to water.

• nope, water to steam volume ratio is not 1:1. think its like 1:160 or so. It takes a lot of steam to condense to water.

water to steam volume ratio is 1:1000 .... RL according to wiki is 1:1624 So please no complaints ;)

• Official Post

Railcrafts Water->Steam Ratio is 1:160. This is for balance Reasons since you would consume far too low amounts of Water otherwise.

Unless you do a 1-Water => 1000-Steam Recipe/Machine this is an okay Ratio. 1000-Steam => 1-Water is 100% okay, even though a bit wasteful.

• Well, ratio of created steam from water is one thing, but I ment ratio of created distilled water to regular water, where loss in water occurs

edit:// loss occurs only if you try to transfer greater amounts of steam throught pipes and your steam generator continues to generate steam... looks like condenser have to be placed adjacent to steam generator...

btw, what about allowing steam generator to accept heat from more sides, allowing steam transfer from top only and letting electric heat exchangers to accept redstone signal for shutdown?

and calcification... will it be so always so rapid? or water needs some special treatment before boiling?

and calcification... will it be so always so rapid? or water needs some special treatment before boiling?

calcification only arises if you use Water ....distilled water has not the problem
    is important for later to create a closed circuit ... Steamgenerator->**-> Turbine-> Condenser->Steamgenerator

btw, what about allowing steam generator to accept heat from more sides

no 1 side von heat and 5 side vor output steam...if Steam Generator (Steam Buffer = Full)...the system attempts output steam in each direction.
    if no taker is found ...the safety valve will activated and vent the steam into Air ;)