Posts by Scorch238

alright, thanks, also are there any cool building designs that you guys know of? thats my weak point hahaha

It's everyone's weak point, really.

This miniature garden fortress is the first thing I built with CF in my current world. I've got a weakness for azure, so I had to paint it that way.

I'm terrible at design, but simple geometric shapes are great starting points. I started with a six story CF tower, decided to put an airship mooring mast on it. I'm not sure where I'm gonna go next, but I think I might put an isocahedron on top of the mast, roof it with glass, and turn it into a personal meditation garden.

]as i said in the previous page, i wanted to use a reactor, but the problem was i dont know anything about them... btw just downloaded gregtech... i am going to need to build a new base 0.0 too many new things, and in your opinion, what are the coolest blocks too build with in any mod, i have the ftb unleashed and have made several changes to mod list already

Hee hee, if you want easy power, gregtech is pretty much the opposite of that. To begin with, anyways. It does have those fusion generators though. The Nuclear Reactor design thread opening post has a bunch of designs for high efficiency and high output reactors, from bootstrap designs to full, multi-chamber monstrosities.

As for cool blocks, well, that's up to the guy designing it... I've always enjoyed the aesthetics of CF construction (both the process and the final, painted result).

To answer in the spirit of not being completely OP cheaterly, the best way to get lots of power without spamming solars or wind (or water) is still nuclear.

If the idea of constructing something that could blow you up if you design it wrong that uses fuels that will literally kill you if you don't wear protective clothing while handling them frightens you then...
    Well.

It should. Generating huge amounts of power is hard. Of all the various energy solutions I've seen, IC2 nuclear power is one of the best balanced.

I wonder... do you have any empty grass blocks next to your hops crops? It seems in the experimental branch, empty grass blocks next to crops are treated like unplanted crops (i.e. they grow weeds, which show up as tall grass). Then your planted crops get overtaken by weeds.

I surrounded my crops field with torches on every grass block and that fixed the problem.

With the Canning Machine in "Fluid Enrich Mode", if you have water in the left tank, put a CF Sprayer in the Top Left slot (not apparent from the arrows), and CF Powder in the middle slot, the machine will make foam and put it into the sprayer. If the sprayer isn't in the machine, but the water and powder are, it seems to make foam into the right tank, but loading it from there into the sprayer is the issue, as you have found. I believe if you put the sprayer in the top left, and at least 1 bucket of water in the left tank and one dust in the center, that it will load the foam from the right tank while it is making the new foam. I did this once or twice today by accident, but I haven't gone back and retested and checked amounts, etc. I'm running build 209 at the moment.

And for those, like me, who had trouble figuring out how to get water into the left tank- make a universal fluid cell, fill with water by right-clicking water in the world (like you do with a bucket), and then right click the canning machine with the filled cell. Note that this doesn't work with a bucket, although you can put a bucket INTO the machine, but I could only make the machine unload the bucket into the right-hand tank, and couldn't use that for CF foam.

Indeed, this is what I figured out myself yesterday. You've put it well.

I should also note that the canning machine and construction foam fluid is completely compatible BC pipes. I currently have my canning machine plumbed in with a BC pump and stone fluid pipe, and I fill my pack with CF that way. I believe you can move CF foam out of the righthand tank into the lefthand one with a Universal Fluid Cell (just rightclick on the canning machine with the cell in hand)l, but don't quote me on that.

Actually, the problem I'm having now is that it takes six units of stone dust per one unit of CF powder. Once I ran out of stockpiled stone dust from ore-washing, my CF tower project slowed waaay down due to a critical stone dust shortage. Sure, I can turn cobble into stone dust with the thermal centrifuge, but that's energy and time intensive for what amounts to only one pile of stone dust per block of cobblestone. I'm spending simply insane amounts EU here for not a hell of a lot of return. In short, I think that the cobblestone -> stone dust recipe either needs to go much faster or give more product per operation.

CF used to become available early game, as soon as you had a macerator and some redstone to spare. Now it's an upper-midgame product. I literally geared up my nuclear reactor just so I had enough power to run the thermal centrifuge continuously for this project. I won't say it's not sustainable, but it's definitely not as easy as it was before.

Can anyone here tell me what the difference between an empty cell (as extruded from the metal forming machine) versus a "universal fluid cell" (as assembled with tin plating and a glass pane)? Besides the obvious difference in tin efficiency, of course.

Well, I managed to fix the crash problem with the Rotary Macerator I was having. I don't know how though. On a hunch, I made a new instance of minecraft using forge 665.

A quick test with NEI got it to work, and then with my old save I made as well.

I hate the "windows fix", but it looks like it worked. Whatever it did.

My current save has it working like a charm now. I seriously have no idea why it was broken before, but not now. Oh well.